Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 7, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,217 of 3,872
Whenever I tell people that I have a shuoer IEM tho, they laugh and go "a chinese shure?"
But I think shuoer is pinyin, Shuò ěr, or 铄耳, which translates to ear.
This is really interesting, thanks.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #1,218 of 3,872

Got my shuoer singer last saturday.
Quick word: the bass filter alleviates the 3.5k peak but you can still hear the 3.5k bump when you play the tone sweep

After trying different setup, the setup gave me best result would be: bass filter+ narrow bore ear tips for even less high mids (aet08 this time) + very shallow insertion(more linear/less warmth for me)

I have the Shuoer Tapes, but I'm looking for something with better mids, how are the mids on these?

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,219 of 3,872
So after trying multiple parametric EQs I think I found one quite simple and easy to listen to

Trying some PEQ via neutron for my tape to sound more like EJ07 and save some $$$.

sound is sooo much better now without the 3.5khz shoutyness and fuller mids. Vocals are still not weighty (inherent driver tuning) as i want, but any instrumental, orchestral concert music sound insanely good.
Can I replicate this in my UAPP app? I can't see an option of Peak EQ and only use analog bells for parametric EQ.
I have done some changes myself which reduced the shoutyness significantly and gave vocals more heft but not much but I would like to replicate your settings if possible in UAPP.

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,221 of 3,872
Also want to add that the EJ07 absolutely do benefit from burn-in. I have always been on the fence as to whether burn-in is a thing.
Same to me. All the bass problems I mentioned before are gone. Nice punchy DD, less qantity comparing to T800, but for sure more natural.
I really don't have anything to complain about anymore... other than the soundstage being narrow (which is likely a product of the forward mids), and the natural sound signature is overall less "fun" than a v-shape like the T800.
The only thing that bothers me now is the 3khz peak, but think I'll get used to it pretty soon. Also have some expectations for the custom balanced cable I wrote before. For sure this IEM needs a thick corrper-silver hybrid or SPC at least to truly shine.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,223 of 3,872
What about stage, detail retrieval, separation and so on?
First of all this IEMs have different tuning. The mid-forward EJ07/ST7 vs the V-shape Tape. EJ07/ST7 is stronger in detailes thanks to est drivers, also presenting this high-detailed sound in a natural manner. Dunno how to describe, it is just different from BA or planar driver's presentation, less syntetic. The EJ07 is drawing the stage right infront of you with vocals and guitars to your face and drums behind. The Tape's soundstage is wider, but drums will be infront, guitars and vocals will sound a bit thin.
Here is the graph comparison for your reference.

Worth it or not buyng, as always depends on your personal taste and earnings. I bought ST7 for $500 and pretty happy with what I get.

upload_2020-1-8_17-6-24.png

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1,224 of 3,872
On aliexpress i would get the **** st7 with dual sonion mid drivers for around 470€. Why are they so cheap? The shuoer ej07 is more expensive. Does they have any problem and the sellers want to sell them as fast as possible?
We tested both EJ07 and ST7. They are identical inside. All drivers, filres and even the crossover has the same components soldered. Only packaging, cable and faceplate differs. ST7 comes with a standart YY cheap blue box and the cable is the same as for Tin T4.
index.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #1,227 of 3,872
First of all this IEMs have different tuning. The mid-forward EJ07/ST7 vs the V-shape Tape. EJ07/ST7 is stronger in detailes thanks to est drivers, also presenting this high-detailed sound in a natural manner. Dunno how to describe, it is just different from BA or planar driver's presentation, less syntetic. The EJ07 is drawing the stage right infront of you with vocals and guitars to your face and drums behind. The Tape's soundstage is wider, but drums will be infront, guitars and vocals will sound a bit thin.
Here is the graph comparison for your reference.

Worth it or not buyng, as always depends on your personal taste and earnings. I bought ST7 for $500 and pretty happy with what I get.

Has the ej07/st7 a holographic imaging? Thats the only thing that i miss on the tape. The rest is perfect. I had a Toneking Shockwave 3 and it was very holographic. Everything sounded like 3D. You can close your eyes and "see" every instrument in front of you on its own layer and position and moved back and forth.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1,228 of 3,872
I'd cap it at $120
Then maybe the hisenior b5 or t2 might have the mids you want, if you want the T2 you have to ask them for it costs around 90 usd

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,229 of 3,872
So after trying multiple parametric EQs I think I found one quite simple and easy to listen to

Can I replicate this in my UAPP app? I can't see an option of Peak EQ and only use analog bells for parametric EQ.
I have done some changes myself which reduced the shoutyness significantly and gave vocals more heft but not much but I would like to replicate your settings if possible in UAPP.

I am using 20 Band PEQ with multiple bandwidth settings in neutron so it would be near impossible to replicate my current setting in UAPP’s toneboosters. Although when I use UAPP’s default EQ, I get reasonably good results that I sometimes enjoy switching back and forth.

My current favorite music player is: Neutron > UAPP > poweramp > onkyo HF player

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #1,230 of 3,872
Same to me. All the bass problems I mentioned before are gone. Nice punchy DD, less qantity comparing to T800, but for sure more natural.

The only thing that bothers me now is the 3khz peak, but think I'll get used to it pretty soon. Also have some expectations for the custom balanced cable I wrote before. For sure this IEM needs a thick corrper-silver hybrid or SPC at least to truly shine.

I recommend trying the filter change on the BA from white to grey. As I mentioned above that particular mod is very easy, and reversible if you don't like it. I personally am very happy with what it did to the sound. It reduced the "shoutiness" that sometimes happens with the vocals being so forward. The change mainly boosted the treble, which to me causes the mids stage to recess a bit, and adds some sparkle to the highs. It also makes the sound stage feel less narrow as a result of pushing back the mids a bit (I don't think the mids are actually pushed back, it just feels that way due to the treble becoming more emphasized).
I was surprised how much the change affected the both the mids and the treble, considering the BAs are only used for mids, but I really like the transformation. Detail/imaging is still strong, but now the sound has more sparkle & less "in your face" mids. The only negative is treble can get hot with certain tracks... I find the IEM less forgiving now, especially with poor recordings.
Has the ej07/st7 a holographic imaging? Thats the only thing that i miss on the tape. The rest is perfect. I had a Toneking Shockwave 3 and it was very holographic. Everything sounded like 3D. You can close your eyes and "see" every instrument in front of you on its own layer and position and moved back and forth.
pinpoint detail and imaging is definitely a strength, yes. very layered, with noticeable separation and clarity between instruments. This is one of its biggest strengths, IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back