Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 6, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #1,201 of 3,872
btw I swapped the stock white knowles filters in the EJ07 with grey filters.
kYURtVt.jpg

Very easy mod. Especially easy on this IEM because the filter is right at the top of the nozzle. Grey filter instantly adds some noticeable sparkle and clarity up top. But it also makes the treble feel a little hot on some tracks, which can add to listening fatigue. I can see this being a listening preference thing for sure... shuoer likely went for "safer" tuning to allow more laid back listening.

I just did this mod literally a few minutes ago, so I'm going to give it a few days to let my brain adjust and see if I prefer the sound. But so far I do like the clarity boost. I also swapped the stock cable with a 8-core litz pure silver cable, which further adds to the improved treble.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #1,202 of 3,872
I received H27 yesterday and first impressions are positive. They sound very similar, to me, tuning wise to the Tape at this point. They have excellent detail and are getting wonderful tight low end as time wears on.

(24 hrs later) So as the day wore on these became better and better, the low end is perfect for my tastes. Zero sibilance with extended highs and details out the waazooo! I wanted to see how Shuoer tuned this type of configuration with a DD & 2BAs (Knowles) and quite frankly these sound great. I wore them most of yesterday and did without any IEM listening until 3ish today just to have fresh ears. They are comfy have a really nice cable and I put Earfit tips on them. I’m in the camp, if there is one, that a hybrid made up of this configuration is the way to go. I’ve really heard this past 8 months how much difference the Knowles drivers bring to the sound. I love these H27’s!
image.jpg
I’m trying the cable on the Tape but this is the H27 cable. I’m wearing them as I write so pics will come later.
These are my thoughts and impressions yours may wildly vary!

Jan 6, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #1,203 of 3,872
btw I swapped the stock white knowles filters in the EJ07 with grey filters.
kYURtVt.jpg

Very easy mod. Especially easy on this IEM because the filter is right at the top of the nozzle. Grey filter instantly adds some noticeable sparkle and clarity up top. But it also makes the treble feel a little hot on some tracks, which can add to listening fatigue. I can see this being a listening preference thing for sure... shuoer likely went for "safer" tuning to allow more laid back listening.

I just did this mod literally a few minutes ago, so I'm going to give it a few days to let my brain adjust and see if I prefer the sound. But so far I do like the clarity boost. I also swapped the stock cable with a 8-core litz pure silver cable, which further adds to the improved treble.
Have u tried to change its filter of back vent to grey one?I was wonder if I can bass boost this by changing back vent filter to lower resistance one.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #1,204 of 3,872
Have u tried to change its filter of back vent to grey one?I was wonder if I can bass boost this by changing back vent filter to lower resistance one.
No I haven't. I'll see what I can do. I did see if I could remove the filter from the electret though. It's really deep, and I was able to move it up a bit but it wasn't easy. I didn't want to risk damaging my expensive IEM so I settled on just raising the filter a bit on each side. Filter insertion depth also affects the sound, so it likely added a subtle difference
edit: didn't even notice that one. looks really easy to remove so this should be another simple mod. I think its safe to assume that it would act as a bass boost, due to the lower resistance of the grey filter. I'll try it when I get home and report back!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #1,205 of 3,872
@ErkH yikes man, don't try to remove the vent filter! It's not designed to be replaceable. I managed to get one out, but I can't get it back in, and I'm not going to press my luck. So now I have no vent filter on one side. So other than causing me to freak out a bit, I hear no audible difference from the filterless vent side vs the filtered vent anyway. No change in bass whatsoever. So really, the hole probably just prevents flex, and the filter may just be dust/moisture protection, I guess.

Okay I'm done modding now. That's enough adventure for 1 day. lol

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #1,206 of 3,872
Just carefully "shove" the grill into the Tape Nozzle; The grill and nozzle are kind of sticky anyway and stay in place and the fit is really snug.
I received the DMG gold filters...but to me it looks like the grill on these (holes pattern and shape) is the same already mounted on the tape...

Jan 7, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #1,211 of 3,872
@ErkH yikes man, don't try to remove the vent filter! It's not designed to be replaceable. I managed to get one out, but I can't get it back in, and I'm not going to press my luck. So now I have no vent filter on one side. So other than causing me to freak out a bit, I hear no audible difference from the filterless vent side vs the filtered vent anyway. No change in bass whatsoever. So really, the hole probably just prevents flex, and the filter may just be dust/moisture protection, I guess.

Okay I'm done modding now. That's enough adventure for 1 day. lol
oh that's sucks.. sorry for breaking one side of your earphone because of my curiosity.:bow:

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,212 of 3,872
oh that's sucks.. sorry for breaking one side of your earphone because of my curiosity.:bow:
not your fault. i readily volunteered. it's not broken. the sound is exactly the same, no issues there. it's just no longer "stock", and what I did is not reversible. But yeah let my experiment be a lesson to others. Changing the filter on the BA is perfectly safe, reversible, and has a noticeably positive impact on the SQ (IMO). But trying to change any of the other filters is not worth trying, and can permanently alter the IEM, so don't do it.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,213 of 3,872
Jan 7, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #1,215 of 3,872
Well it looks like a worn out hooker... no offense to the noble business.. my new acousti one is like doping foe the tapes. its sad that i am spoiled by those.. well no its not :wink:. tapes are still lovely.. but waiting for the worst post service in Germany (hermes of course...) to bring me a contender...well they actually already ****ed up as usual and i somehow have to gt the parcel..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back