Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,171 of 3,872
@njam why don’t you test Ikko OH-1 or OH-10?
Sounds amazing

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1,172 of 3,872
@njam why don’t you test Ikko OH-1 or OH-10?
Sounds amazing
I actually wanted to a while a go, since graphs/tuning looked similar. The only thing that held me back was the size and the weight. So I decided to skip them, even though i only heard/read good things about them.
I tend to listen to music 5+ hours a day (allowed at my workplace ^^') and prefer iems to be not so bulky/weighty and have ergonomic form (the sharp corners of Tape's shell were actually hurting my ears after a few hours of having those on).

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #1,173 of 3,872
Ikko OH-10 are heavy but they fit perfectly in my ear, so I don’t have any problems to wear it.
Today I received IMR RAH also and Fit very well too, but it’s in another league...

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #1,175 of 3,872
Hmmm.....I think this is not only a question of combination but also a question of general sound quality/characteristics of bluetooth devices, in this case BTR5, what codec you use and what wired source you compare it to.

As with any bluetooth source, I feel sound characteristics (no matter what earphones you use) slightly change with BTR5 -compared to wired . Though, I must say BTR5 is very good in not changing the sound so much. Usually there is noticeably less treble with bluetooth devices, but BTR5 is doing very well in this regard. If there is any difference between BTR5 and my (wired) iPhone (AAC), for example, I`d say mids/voices play slightly more in the foreground and sound is slightly fuller and wider with the iPhone. But the differences are really subtle and me, personally, I don`t care so much as I long I like the signature of the earphone.
But....I also have the XDSD and I like the Tape`s sound out if it even more (both wired and BT), because the XDSD has a little warmer signature that balances out its peaky treble more. So I`d say warm sounding devices suit the Tape especially well. But I guess that is a question of taste and again, we are talking about minor differences!

Hope I could help...have a nice day!

Wow... your explanation is very clear & more than I expected.... thank you :pray:
The term "fuller & wider" that what I'm missed on wireless although already tried using AK XB10....
But seem BTR5 is promising....

Btw I'm also using AAC & Flac for codec

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #1,176 of 3,872
I believe I experienced the half volume thing today, it gradually faded to being bassy and half volume, I took the right IEM out and removed the tip for a few seconds, slotted it back in and the sound was restored. Happens on the balanced cable version too, but as long as it keeps recovering to the same audio quality, I can live with it considering how these sound. I finally found a much better fit and it sounds way more cohesive now, I'm super satisfied. But it took a lot of fiddling and a lot of mental burn-in, I don't think these are IEMs I'd purchase were I to just audition a bunch of pairs before buying.

If anyone gets them and they feel shrill and almost distorted, give them a few days, it'll strangely start to sound fine once you get used to it :) I know there's always a bit of a process like that after you switch audio gear after a few years with the same thing, but this adjustment was longer and bigger than most. I guess that 4k hill is just that huge.

I'm now looking at the Tape 2 as well, if they just fix the driver issues and make a better MMCX connection, I might save up and get a pair if the tonality is the same. Right now I wouldn't even want them to mellow out the 4k region, but if they do I hope it doesn't cost any of the good characteristics of the Tape

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,177 of 3,872
Anybody have Shuoer H27? Please let us know how they sound.....

edit: nevermind I got one coming tomorrow!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #1,178 of 3,872
Glad you like the sound signature. Completed mine with SpinFit Medium 4mm Nozzle ear tips (https://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP100Z-Patented-Silicone-Replacement/dp/B0797N4SDR ) and DMG audiophile filter grilles (https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32962418330.html) for better air balance.No driver issues and my Tape is now perfect.Zero issues for weeks

I did the DMG audiophile filter grilles swap; just for laughs and giggles. It is very easy to do as the grilles are of exactly the same size and very easily swapable.
However, I don't like what I am hearing with the DMG filter grilles. Seems like some of the Tapes' magic sauce is incorporated in their filter grilles.

Well..

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #1,179 of 3,872
I did the DMG audiophile filter grilles swap; just for laughs and giggles. It is very easy to do as the grilles are of exactly the same size and very easily swapable.
However, I don't like what I am hearing with the DMG filter grilles. Seems like some of the Tapes' magic sauce is incorporated in their filter grilles.

Well..

Do the grills unscrew like the DMG ones? I have a bunch from my NiceHCK M6 here but don’t want to unscrew something that ain’t supposed to be ...lol!
I just tried a little but decided to be safe and ask.
I’m liking Shuoers tuning, thats why I grabbed the H27 from Amazon as an early birthday gift .....what I’ve read so far about them seems right up my alley, details abundomento and tight bass.....I rolled the dice with these which isn’t a first these days with no way to audition. Every IEM I own with Knowles drivers I love, I really thought there would be little difference between Knowles and KZs own BAs but I was mistaken.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1,180 of 3,872
Nothing to unscrew; The filters are just held in place with a little glue.
20200104_183225.jpg

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,181 of 3,872
Got ya I thought the whole unit was involved not just the screening part...thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back