Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #587 of 3,872
Not to ruin the parade and hype on this iem.
Maybe people misinterpret extreme piercing treble for clarity.

I am totally not impressed by this iem, even whatever price point they are.

Im selling mine for 1/3 off the original price. Just take this away from me.

edit: corrected my math and grammar

Which iem are you referring to? Tape or EJ07?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #588 of 3,872
I've just spent ~10 minutes trying to get the link from the aliexpress site. It's awful, and even trying to find it in the search with the product name and various permutations I can't. It's easy to find via the aliexpress app....

Share, Copy to clipboard, then paste.

image%3A33054.jpg
Screenshot_20191126-110814086_1.jpg

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #590 of 3,872
IEM.png
Today got the delivery of both Shuoer Tape and Tin T4 and after listening to Tape for few hours I am truly amazed at the detail retrieval, bass slam and details to die for cant believe it was only 100$ I paid on 11/11, now I dont even want to open T4 they are still sitting sealed and I am wondering what additional improvement they can bring. I had/have SE846, DM6, Tin P1, Blon-03 , Tape truly blows all of them out of water.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #592 of 3,872
Today got the delivery of both Shuoer Tape and Tin T4 and after listening to Tape for few hours I am truly amazed at the detail retrieval, bass slam and details to die for cant believe it was only 100$ I paid on 11/11, now I dont even want to open T4 they are still sitting sealed and I am wondering what additional improvement they can bring. I had/have SE846, DM6, Tin P1, Blon-03 , Tape truly blows all of them out of water.
Please: Open T4.... test it! we need feedbacks and side by side. Ordered Tape´s on 11-11 doesn´t arrived yet, T4 passed... maybe sometime in the future.... Huge expectations on Shouer btw.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #593 of 3,872
Based on graphs and impression by others, T4 is a just more expensive Blon BL03. So if you heard BL03 you prolly wont hear anything new.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #594 of 3,872
you got a hugo2 and both on hand?! You must compare the T4s and the Tapes the thread humbly requests you do so :p

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #595 of 3,872
Quick update on more listening test, changed the cable to Linsoul upgrade cable and tips to Spin-Fits and soundstage widened a bit, bass impact is more solid and treble energy an detail also extended. Amazing IEMS I will check Tin 4 tomorrow, but Blon-03 are work of hype machine they are very good for the price paid but Tape is just another level. I am glad I didnt wasted money on Fearless S8F and Roland.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #596 of 3,872
Hello Head-Fi. This is my first post here. Nice to meet you!

Today I received my pair of Shuoer Tapes. As a reference, my daily drivers at home are the Stax SR-Lambda NB electrostatic headphones/earspeakers from 1979 and Sennheiser HD 6XX when I'm in the kitchen making food. For music-listening on the go I have been using a pair of Tin HiFi T2's.

When I first put on the Tapes I thought that they were very bright. I gave them 30 minutes of pink noise and when I put them on again, I found them to be less bright. Did the sound really change or was it just my mind playing tricks on me, who knows.

I have never heard anything more detailed than my old pair of Stax headphones, but I am still very impressed with the Tapes. They really are detail-monsters.

Another cool thing about the Tapes are their soundstage. With all the IEM's I have heard in my life, the sound has always been "in my head", but with the Tapes, the soundstage seems to go out of my head, maybe 2 centimers from my ears. While the soundstage is the biggest I have heard in an IEM, the intimacy is still there. Somehow they are both intimate and big sounding.

Vocals are great. Not too forward and not too recessed.

The bass is good too. It doesn't add any extra bass to the songs, but when the bass is supposed to hit hard, it does.

Overall, I am very impressed. This is the best IEM I have heard.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.

Nov 26, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #597 of 3,872
Hello Head-Fi. This is my first post here. Nice to meet you!

Today I received my pair of Shuoer Tapes. As a reference, my daily drivers at home are the Stax SR-Lambda NB electrostatic headphones/earspeakers from 1979 and Sennheiser HD 6XX when I'm in the kitchen making food. For music-listening on the go I have been using a pair of Tin HiFi T2's.

When I first put on the Tapes I thought that they were very bright. I gave them 30 minutes of pink noise and when I put them on again, I found them to be less bright. Did the sound really change or was it just my mind playing tricks on me, who knows.

I have never heard anything more detailed than my old pair of Stax headphones, but I am still very impressed with the Tapes. They really are detail-monsters.

Another cool thing about the Tapes are their soundstage. With all the IEM's I have heard in my life, the sound has always been "in my head", but with the Tapes, the soundstage seems to go out of my head, maybe 2 centimers from my ears. While the soundstage is the biggest I have heard in an IEM, the intimacy is still there. Somehow they are both intimate and big sounding.

Vocals are great. Not too forward and not too recessed.

The bass is good too. It doesn't add any extra bass to the songs, but when the bass is supposed to hit hard, it does.

Overall, I am very impressed. This is the best IEM I have heard.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them.
Hey-hey, welcome, and thanks for letting us know how you feel about the Tapes.
Glad you like them!

What are the best IEM's you've heard outside the Tapes?
And what is your source for the Tapes?

I too have an old pair of Lambdas.
No Senn's though.
I do have a pair of Denon D2000's that I love, and my mobile headphones are Sony MDR1-A's (they don't get much use though as I usually use my CIEM's (re-shelled UE TF10's with added dynamic driver, by Cosmic Ears).
Mobile sources are either my Echobox Explorer, or a Sony phone, but my wish list for the future is the Tape, and a BTR5 (or similar, maybe the Qudelix will be released by the time I can raise the money!)

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #598 of 3,872
you prolly wont hear anything new
Nope, it is different. BL03 bass is more punchy, T4 isn't.
T4 uppermid is also shouty. Not in this case with BL03

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #599 of 3,872
Hey-hey, welcome, and thanks for letting us know how you feel about the Tapes.
Glad you like them!

What are the best IEM's you've heard outside the Tapes?
And what is your source for the Tapes?

I too have an old pair of Lambdas.
No Senn's though.
I do have a pair of Denon D2000's that I love, and my mobile headphones are Sony MDR1-A's (they don't get much use though as I usually use my CIEM's (re-shelled UE TF10's with added dynamic driver, by Cosmic Ears).
Mobile sources are either my Echobox Explorer, or a Sony phone, but my wish list for the future is the Tape, and a BTR5 (or similar, maybe the Qudelix will be released by the time I can raise the money!)

Hi Q Mass. You have a nice collection yourself! Can I ask, what model Lambdas do you have and what do you think of them?

To answer your question, the best IEM I have heard before the Tapes will have to be the Tin HiFi T2's, followed by Beyerdynamic Byron.

My source for the Tapes when I am on the go is just my phone, Google Pixel 2 XL, with a USB C to 3.5mm adapter connecting the Tapes to my phone. It sounds great and gives me more volume than I need. I noticed that the volume stays the same when I switch from Tin HiFi T2's to the Shuoer Tapes, so they are not hard to drive.

When I am at home, sitting in from of my computer, my source is JDS Labs Atom headphone amplifier and a SMSL Sanskrit 6th DAC. I feel like the bass has more slam when listening to this setup on the Tapes, but honestly, it could just be the placebo effect setting in.

The first "good/Hi-Fi" IEM I used were Beyerdynamic DTX80. I had them for a couple of years, until they stopped working. Then I got myself a pair of SoundMagic E10. I was also really happy with them and used them for a couple of years as well. Then I got the itch to try something else and bought the Beyerdynamic Byron. I prefered my old SoundMagic E10, so didn't use the Byron a lot. Then one day I forgot my SoundMagic E10 at my parents place, so for a week I only used my Beyerdynamic Byron, and when I finally got my E10's back, I prefered the Byrons and kept using them until around 6 months ago when they stopped working. Unfortunately the Byrons were discontinued, so I couldn't buy them again. Then I bought the Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd, which Beyerdynamic made to replace the Byrons, however I didn't get on with their sound and bought the Tin HiFi T2's instead, which I have been using until I got the Tapes yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back