Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 22, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #556 of 3,872
Not to ruin the parade and hype on this iem.
Maybe people misinterpret extreme piercing treble for clarity.

I am totally not impressed by this iem, even whatever price point they are.

Im selling mine for 1/3 off the original price. Just take this away from me.

edit: corrected my math and grammar

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #558 of 3,872
Some copper& silver cables by Kinboofi on eBay.Only $29 or so.sounds amazing.I think being two different materials creates a slight delay in one of the materials thus the slight 3D sound.electrons are travelling at different speeds in one of the materials. That's my theory anyway
@DJ Core have you tested **** cables?
Many people use it, I also seen their 16 core silver plated, looks Amazing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRZHBGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #559 of 3,872
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #560 of 3,872
Did anyone compare Shuoer Tape with IMR R1 Zenith?
I’d buy Tape but I’m looking for an IEM richer than R1 on mids and harshness free on highs

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #561 of 3,872
Did anyone compare Shuoer Tape with IMR R1 Zenith?
I’d buy Tape but I’m looking for an IEM richer than R1 on mids and harshness free on highs

In that case the IMR Aten is exactly what you need. With the right filters the Aten is end game quality for me. I sold the R1's (whcih I liked a lot . . . but when I bought the Aten's)
Im also very much enjoying the Tapes but you wont necessarily find 'better' mids than the R1. In some ways quite similar! but I certainly wouldn't say richer

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #562 of 3,872
Not to ruin the parade and hype on this iem.
Maybe people misinterpret extreme piercing treble for clarity.
Hmm..
Tape is very bright yes, but I wouldn't call treble extremely piercing at all (and this is coming from a guy, who sold his Tin T3 because treble was too offensive for him when he listened to rock).
As for clarity and details, i really didn't hear anything sounding like tape yet. Very unique sound and to my liking.
Gonna order another pair in a few weeks and hopefully get a unit from a new batch without issues.

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #563 of 3,872
@DJ Core have you tested **** cables?
Many people use it, I also seen their 16 core silver plated, looks Amazing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRZHBGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
Yes, I have one of those silver-plated cables. But my preference is a mixture of both. Pure copper (not plated) on the positive + terminal and a silver-plated copper cable for the - Negative terminal like the one I'm using now. That type sounds best to me...introduces a slight delay aka 3D sound signature. 2nd preference is pure copper all the way through.

I can confirm the change of cables seems to have solved my shuoer tape problems. Just finished season 4 of The Man in the high castle and this thing sounds so realistic I kept looking around thinking there's something in a corner behind me lol

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #564 of 3,872
Hmm..
Tape is very bright yes, but I wouldn't call treble extremely piercing at all (and this is coming from a guy, who sold his Tin T3 because treble was too offensive for him when he listened to rock).
As for clarity and details, i really didn't hear anything sounding like tape yet. Very unique sound and to my liking.
Gonna order another pair in a few weeks and hopefully get a unit from a new batch without issues.

I agree...but I have also found that tape sound signature will change depending on the source.ZX300, LG V35 sounds amazing, Hiby R5 sounds amazing, but my crappy onboard PC card sounds too bright. However, when plugged into my Sound BlasterX G6, it sounds perfect. It's a very sensitive driver and it'll give you what you put into it.

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #566 of 3,872
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #568 of 3,872
So here is the picture of my tape oxygen mod.
IMG_20191123_223527.jpg

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #569 of 3,872
Just received this IEM few days ago and I had to dial down 3-4khz to be able to enjoy it. Undeniably very detailed sound out of these and imaging is very good. Will see how my brain adjust to its sound signature in few days. I already notice when I switch to my other IEMs, they sound veiled in comparison lol

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #570 of 3,872
Just received this IEM few days ago and I had to dial down 3-4khz to be able to enjoy it. Undeniably very detailed sound out of these and imaging is very good. Will see how my brain adjust to its sound signature in few days. I already notice when I switch to my other IEMs, they sound veiled in comparison lol

Get rid of the EQ. Embrace the darkness (or brightness in this case) :)

What other iems are you comparing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back