Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 18, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #511 of 3,872
Try more tips, or tighter tips? Spinfit cp100 would be very tight for sure. Or some tips have a longer stem so you can push it down all the way down the nozzle. My symbio W peel tips go all the way down the nozzle and it definitely wont come off, I reccomend them as an alternative that fits well

Would have to buy them again and seriously considering it lol. I'll get a set of those symbio w tips.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #512 of 3,872
Would have to buy them again and seriously considering it lol. I'll get a set of those symbio w tips.
Yeah symbio W is hybrid so it's got memory foam under silicone. It can be nice but a bit uncomfortable depending on the person. The foam is removable though, you can literally pull it out of the tip and it becomes a normal silicone tip, which is more comfortable for me. Or you can just buy the symbio W Peel variant, which is just the silicone tip without the foam part

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #513 of 3,872
Kind of feel like I returned these too early and for a silly reason (tips slipping off)...

usually for slippery IEMs, i clean the inner nozzle of the eartips with rubbing alcohol first, then put it on the IEM

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #514 of 3,872
OK so I just did a small tip-off using the tips in my possession. Personally I didn't think the symbio sounded the best, it lacked in bass a bit and sounded a bit funny to me.

1st place goes to the whirlwind tips (not pushed all the way down the nozzle), these still sound the best to me, with the best bass and clarity. The problem is these tips definitely can slip off. Personally I think the sound is worth the tips not fitting tight, so these are the tips I use since them slipping off doesn't bother me.

2nd place is a sort of toss up between Spiral dot ++ and Mh755 tips. Both these tips I push all the way down the nozzle and these will not be slipping off. The spiral dot ++ is slightly brighter with leaner bass but more clarity. The Mh755 tips are bassier with slightly more smoothed out treble. Both sound pretty good, and I think what to prefer is up to preference. Personally I would put the Mh755 tips at 2nd place and spiral dot ++ in 3rd place.
4th I guess would go to the regular spiral dots, they just sound slightly worse than the ++ variant.

Mh755 is sort of small so to get it to fit on the iem easily I reccomend kind of turning them inside out a bit which makes it easier to force the tube onto the nozzle. You can get the tips with any Mh755 (or mh750) for cheap, the iem costs about $5. It doesn't even matter if the iem is fake or not because the tips will still be good.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #515 of 3,872
Did Shuoer, as an OEM supplier, make the driver for the Faaeal Hibiscus? Because it looks a lot like the dynamic driver in the new hybrid EJ07.

Or do they all look alike.

Faaeal Hibiscus:
IMG_20191112_135431.jpg

Shuoer EJ07 :
Screenshot_20191119-081529883.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #516 of 3,872
Did Shuoer, as an OEM supplier, make the driver for the Faaeal Hibiscus? Because it looks a lot like the dynamic driver in the new hybrid EJ07.

Or do they all look alike.

Faaeal Hibiscus:

Shuoer EJ07 :
I wouldn't be surprised. Whoever makes it, they probably both get it from the same place

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #517 of 3,872
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #518 of 3,872
I wouldn't be surprised. Whoever makes it, they probably both get it from the same place

So they aren't an OEM company themselves?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #519 of 3,872
I've also had no problems with my pair. Hopefully it was just a small number of units, but right now the failure rate seems to be pretty high....
Aside from QC issues, how would you compare the tape to the spring 1?

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #520 of 3,872
Aside from QC issues, how would you compare the tape to the spring 1?
The spring 1 sounds bad OOTB. But has huge potential with modding/EQ and DSP. I love it, but it sounds, frankly, bad, without EQ. It's one of my favorite pairs when I tweak it to my liking. Soundstage is fantastic when tweaked.

The tape sounds good out of the box but is somewhat bright and also shouty in the mids. It has limited potential for EQ/DSP. Very good detail, but not very musical.... Soundstage is good, not great, I was hoping for more from the electret.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #521 of 3,872
I haven't heard the Spring 1
but the more I use the Tapes the better they are becoming. I was doubtful that the Electret part would improve ... but it has - more smooth and creamy clear the highs are becoming, Mids are warming up a bit and teh low end is is a bit tighter over all with the sub bass calming and tightening up a bit. Over all the Tapes sometimes even present quite a warm sound over all o_0
Its a superb IEM that surprises me often with unexpected presentations of different albums
The initial brightness is slowly being replaced by a much smoother top end.
I loved the P1's as they were tonaly often quite correct in a planer sort of way but the Tapes Im just enjoying the music a lot more whilst still enjoying the clarity of the Electret driver
Im enjoying them more and more as time goes on..hard to stop listening sometimes :)

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #523 of 3,872
Yeah, found the Shuoer more appropriate with time. It is not bad, we just are more comfortable to what we had before.

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #524 of 3,872
The spring 1 sounds bad OOTB. But has huge potential with modding/EQ and DSP. I love it, but it sounds, frankly, bad, without EQ. It's one of my favorite pairs when I tweak it to my liking. Soundstage is fantastic when tweaked.

The tape sounds good out of the box but is somewhat bright and also shouty in the mids. It has limited potential for EQ/DSP. Very good detail, but not very musical.... Soundstage is good, not great, I was hoping for more from the electret.

@SciOC I own IMR R1 Zenith and i'm waiting for RAH, but i'm curious to listen Shuoer Tape or BQEYZ Spring1... Anyway i'd connect it to my Hiby R5 using Tidal or Qobuz, Should i go with Tape? Will tape sound in the same R1 zenith league?

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #525 of 3,872
This week i bought the tape and did a listening session last night and i must say, the tape has one of the most detailed mids and highs that i ever heard. I had many iems from low to high pricepoint and all of them had a problem with the smallest details. I heard them slightly, but not very clear. The tape shows you every detail in the mids and highs with so much clearity and pinpoint positioning, that you don't have to concentrate to hear them. I listening to them without burn-in, because i don't beleave that the electrostatic drivers would change there performance, tonality or something. But the bass driver need some burn-in time for... shuoer. :D The bass digs very very deep and has a good dry punch with very nice texture.
The stage is so huge that you can hear things many centimeters beside and in front of your head. The tape makes so much fun to listen to. I think with the right source like the mojo or a very good dap it would be my endgame! Sorry for the hype!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back