Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #481 of 3,872

@Hawaiibadboy must have gotten another ban or something because he's not showing up when I try to tag him, but he posted a review of the $700 Shuoer EJ07. Basically, good, but really not worth the extra cash.

He also rants about pricing in this hobby, which in large part I agree with him. Most of it is completely insane.

Get yourself a good DAP, and the Shuoer tape will sound just as good as anything else out there if it fits your preferences. Note: Try the $30 **** Pro, very nice if you don't mind the 10khz peak, which apparently I can just barely hear with my 37 year old ears.... I think it'll be a winner for you.

I have a regular ****, but don't listen to it at all, since the upper range tuning sounds completely off to me.
Not just too much or too little treble, it sounds just plain wrong and unrealistic. It produces sounds in some parts of tracks like none of mine other IEMs/cans produce.
Posted my thoughts here in another thread and apparently I'm not alone.

Oh, and yesterday while looking at graphs at Crinacle's site, I stumbled upon his unboxing of ****. Here what he wrote about **** there:
"Tone accuracy ranges from “slightly off” to “completely out of whack”. Vocals seem to be relatively okay on the **** but I almost recoiled with disgust when saxophones kicked in."
Pretty much covers my experience, so I didn't even consider looking at **** pro...
Or did they fix the above issue with with Pro version?
If they did, I give them a try. If you ignore the faults I've mentioned above, they sound very detailed (prolly because of piezo) and have great staging + air.

Not sure about the 10kHz peak though... I prefer it to be recessed. (I'm 39, my wall is at 16.4kHz. Tested with: http://www.satsignal.eu/software/audio.html#SweepGen)

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #483 of 3,872
Sometimes they come back if you let them rest for a few hours disconnected. But often after that one driver will be quieter than another...
It a faulty driver issue though, you should return it.

Being a DJ, I don't think it's a faulty driver issue. This issue mimics an overdriven powered speaker, the limiter will set in and if you keep pushing it, the electronics get hot which triggers an automatic shutdown...after a few minutes of cooling down. The speaker will work just like normal until overdriven again.

This sounds electrical...something to do with the low voltage electronics for the Electrostatic driver. They probably get hot and malfunction. Then work Normal after some rest.I'm sending mine back next week. Shipping it back is $33 dollars though which is a lot for a budget IEM.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #484 of 3,872
Being a DJ, I don't think it's a faulty driver issue. This issue mimics an overdriven powered speaker, the limiter will set in and if you keep pushing it, the electronics get hot which triggers an automatic shutdown...after a few minutes of cooling down. The speaker will work just like normal until overdriven again.

This sounds electrical...something to do with the low voltage electronics for the Electrostatic driver. They probably get hot and malfunction. Then work Normal after some rest.I'm sending mine back next week. Shipping it back is $33 dollars though which is a lot for a budget IEM.
I thought the same.
I used "driver" as a general expression there. I'm betting on built-in low voltage circuit:
AAA
BBB

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #486 of 3,872
my Tape is still on shipping, and all this faulty reports are disconcerting..

anybody here that doesn't have problems at all with their units?

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #487 of 3,872
I've changed the cable on mine a dozen times, kicked them around used them in the rain and even had to take the tips off and wipe away wetness collecting on the screens. Not treated very gently but mine have not flinched at all. Little tanks they are :relieved:

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #488 of 3,872

No problems here. Had mine for a week or so now - 60+ hours of play on them. They keep getting better and better. Warming up nicely. Bass improving in all areas, mids warming up, treble smoothing out. With the occasional album they a tad too bright and yet sometimes they sound almost like a 'normal' headphone. I keep thinking I shouldn't like them but they are very hard to keep out of the ears!
There is something really special and unique about their sound. :)
Hope your unit is ok.

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #490 of 3,872

No problem with mine during the past week, playing non stop for 8hrs + everyday. I assume people that have no problem with the units wouldn't make a post.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #491 of 3,872
I have to echo this. I still dont know for sure if burn in is really a thing or my mind is getting more used to the sound but when I first got them, I wasnt all that impress with the sound especially compare to FH7. However, the more I listen to it and perhaps the effect of burn in, the sound has gotten quite a bit better just as you describled . Could also be that I found thr right tips that seal in the bass better and now I am loving the sound

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #492 of 3,872
I've also had no problems with my pair. Hopefully it was just a small number of units, but right now the failure rate seems to be pretty high....

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #493 of 3,872
No problem with mine during the past week, playing non stop for 8hrs + everyday. I assume people that have no problem with the units wouldn't make a post.

thanks to everyone's replying :ksc75smile:

i also assume the same, although there are some folks here already stated that their unit has no problem, but the number is smaller than those who has defective units. that's why I'm trying to inquire more info to prepare myself on what to expect. I'm intrigued by this IEM, because the reviews on sound (disregarding those QC issues) are mostly positive

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #494 of 3,872
thanks to everyone's replying :ksc75smile:

i also assume the same, although there are some folks here already stated that their unit has no problem, but the number is smaller than those who has defective units. that's why I'm trying to inquire more info to prepare myself on what to expect. I'm intrigued by this IEM, because the reviews on sound (disregarding those QC issues) are mostly positive

Looking forward to hearing your impressions

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #495 of 3,872
I had issues with the loose mmcx connector on the right driver with the stock cable. After replacing with a different cable the problem went away.
In the consumer world, usually people only get on a forum to complain when there are issues and not vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back