Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #468 of 3,872
Add me to the "faulty Shuoer Tape owner" list. Received them today. Sound very nice. After ~2-3 hours the left side went quiet, then cut out completely, then has come back but is very quiet, and now both sides are very quiet. I have changed the cable and still the same - both left and right very quiet (confirmed by using other IEM with the Shuoer cable, which seems fine and plays ny BGVP DM6 fine).

Anything I can try, or is this a faulty driver issue?
I've already mentioned but check if there's is a black filter under the metal grill on the nozzle, this was the cause for me and if it plays fine with no issues after removing it then its not a faulty driver.

You can gently remove the grill with a needle and it goes back on, just make sure not to lose it or the filter.

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #469 of 3,872
20191115_235641.jpg

yeah....I'm gonna go ahead and sell Blon 03. After a week of using Tape, It's just more of my taste.

My beginner's impressions (no technical terms here, seriously this is just how I would describe the sound with limited knowledge):

Blon 03 = bassy, sounds natural and engaging, kinda laid back compare to Tape, fits need work but doable, bad isolation (this is important for me), goes well with Rock & Pop, not great for many instruments (orchestra?). Overall, it sounds damn fine and I would keep it if not for my hate with the fit + isolation

Tape = crystal clear (detail detail detail) - this is addictive to me, bass is done just right fast and tight, good spatial cues (separation?), wide soundstage but weirdly detail (seriously, the details <3), vocal is ok (not the highlight), great fit and isolation (pair with Symbio, can't hear anything in the subway), goes well with most of everything I listen to (mix of Rock, Pop, Country, Orchestra, etc.), easily driven by phone + BT module (Fostex TM2)

Extras: Personally, I prefer Tape over Xelento, M9 (if only this has more bass, still one of the best for me), S8F, CL2 (after a brief demo from a friend), SE846, Andro. I don't know if this is because the price is cheaper that I think this way. I just enjoy it more. And I just realized I'm not a basshead, probably prefer treble
When I do the final comparison, I was hit with some moments on Blon like "wait...where did that sound go???". Not sure if placebo but Tape just brings out everything in the record. I can't go back to not notice it.

Nov 16, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #471 of 3,872

yeah....I'm gonna go ahead and sell Blon 03. After a week of using Tape, It's just more of my taste.

My beginner's impressions (no technical terms here, seriously this is just how I would describe the sound with limited knowledge):

Blon 03 = bassy, sounds natural and engaging, kinda laid back compare to Tape, fits need work but doable, bad isolation (this is important for me), goes well with Rock & Pop, not great for many instruments (orchestra?). Overall, it sounds damn fine and I would keep it if not for my hate with the fit + isolation

Tape = crystal clear (detail detail detail) - this is addictive to me, bass is done just right fast and tight, good spatial cues (separation?), wide soundstage but weirdly detail (seriously, the details <3), vocal is ok (not the highlight), great fit and isolation (pair with Symbio, can't hear anything in the subway), goes well with most of everything I listen to (mix of Rock, Pop, Country, Orchestra, etc.), easily driven by phone + BT module (Fostex TM2)

Extras: Personally, I prefer Tape over Xelento, M9 (if only this has more bass, still one of the best for me), S8F, CL2 (after a brief demo from a friend), SE846, Andro. I don't know if this is because the price is cheaper that I think this way. I just enjoy it more. And I just realized I'm not a basshead, probably prefer treble
When I do the final comparison, I was hit with some moments on Blon like "wait...where did that sound go???". Not sure if placebo but Tape just brings out everything in the record. I can't go back to not notice it.
Hard to go to something else after hearing it, isn't it? ^^

@RikudouGoku

Can you please compare Tape to your Tin HiFi P1 and T800, when it arrives. I'm interested how it compares in your opinion (thinking of buying one of the two).
I'm looking for something with details similar to Tape. I've heard that P1 is good when it come to details, but the lack of bass put me off.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #472 of 3,872

@RikudouGoku

Can you please compare Tape to your Tin HiFi P1 and T800, when it arrives. I'm interested how it compares in your opinion (thinking of buying one of the two).
I'm looking for something with details similar to Tape. I've heard that P1 is good when it come to details, but the lack of bass put me off.
Sure, I will mention that the T800 has too much treble for me it gets sibilant.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #473 of 3,872
You might want to hold onto that Blon when your Tape stops working here shortly

Hey..don't curse my Tape man. Regardless, I've had good experience with return to Linsoul via Amazon, and the return period lasts until next year. Let's hope it works well. It's been playing non stop for the past few days. :)

@RikudouGoku

Yeah. Addicting really :)
T800 is all BA right? Can that replicate DD bass?

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #474 of 3,872
Nov 16, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #475 of 3,872

@RikudouGoku

The P1 offers a bit more resolution and linearity, but only ever slightly so. It's also not true that it lacks bass - there's plenty of bass and you will hear every bass frequency where it should be, but it just doesn't have much physical slam.

The Tape however outperforms it, because it has nearly the same resolution and clarity, the more impactful bass that makes music much more fun and it has a much more comfortable fit and better isolation than the P1 - I can use the Tape on the subway, the P1 is pretty much an indoor IEM only.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #476 of 3,872
@stormers The bass on the T800 might as well be considered the same as a DD bass, it is really good and the only thing with the bass that it loses in comparison to a DD driver is that it is slower.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #477 of 3,872
The P1 offers a bit more resolution and linearity, but only ever slightly so. It's also not true that it lacks bass - there's plenty of bass and you will hear every bass frequency where it should be, but it just doesn't have much physical slam.

The Tape however outperforms it, because it has nearly the same resolution and clarity, the more impactful bass that makes music much more fun and it has a much more comfortable fit and better isolation than the P1 - I can use the Tape on the subway, the P1 is pretty much an indoor IEM only.
The thing with the P1 bass is that when you are using it with anything with less power than a Desktop amp, it is definitely lacking. But with proper amping it is good enough, unless you want the bass to be boosted. ( the Fiio M11 doesnt have enough power for it so thats basically all portable sources)

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #478 of 3,872

@Hawaiibadboy must have gotten another ban or something because he's not showing up when I try to tag him, but he posted a review of the $700 Shuoer EJ07. Basically, good, but really not worth the extra cash.

He also rants about pricing in this hobby, which in large part I agree with him. Most of it is completely insane.

Get yourself a good DAP, and the Shuoer tape will sound just as good as anything else out there if it fits your preferences. Note: Try the $30 **** Pro, very nice if you don't mind the 10khz peak, which apparently I can just barely hear with my 37 year old ears.... I think it'll be a winner for you.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #479 of 3,872

@Hawaiibadboy must have gotten another ban or something because he's not showing up when I try to tag him, but he posted a review of the $700 Shuoer EJ07. Basically, good, but really not worth the extra cash.

He also rants about pricing in this hobby, which in large part I agree with him. Most of it is completely insane.

Get yourself a good DAP, and the Shuoer tape will sound just as good as anything else out there if it fits your preferences. Note: Try the $30 **** Pro, very nice if you don't mind the 10khz peak, which apparently I can just barely hear with my 37 year old ears.... I think it'll be a winner for you.

Awaiting the OEM EJ07 version from 11/11, so hoped HBB had covered it in more detail - there's surprisingly little about it in that 20 minutes video!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back