Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 16, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #3,692 of 3,872
Is the
Is that more a function of the driver itself or the specific KL tuning? I guess the original Ej07m still has a good amount of sub bass?

OG 07m has a lot of sub and more than Kinda Lava, as you can check on my squig. My IEM was a 07m that I just asked to be retuned into KL while reshelling.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #3,693 of 3,872
Midbass is not the same as Subbass, those are the big differences with KL from graphs. This means that certain genres will do better on one tuning or the other. It's not better or worse.. just library stuff.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #3,694 of 3,872
I know the KL is a limited run, but is that also limited for reshelling/retuning? If I were to get an OG Ej07m, would it possible to get it retuned/reshelled to the KL in the future ($160)?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #3,695 of 3,872
I know the KL is a limited run, but is that also limited for reshelling/retuning? If I were to get an OG Ej07m, would it possible to get it retuned/reshelled to the KL in the future ($160)?
I see no problem in that, asked Letshuoer previously about it. I think with right tips you won't even need that retuning.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #3,696 of 3,872
Midbass is not the same as Subbass, those are the big differences with KL from graphs. This means that certain genres will do better on one tuning or the other. It's not better or worse.. just library stuff.
My understanding (or lack thereof) was that the KL would lift the midbass up a bit to make that area a little more punchy and pronounced. But I THOUGHT the sub bass would stay the same as the OG EJ07m. I guess that was wrong and there is where I feel disappointed.
Just my 2 baht worth, i.e. not worth much.
God Bless,
Wayne

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #3,697 of 3,872
OG 07m has a lot of sub and more than Kinda Lava, as you can check on my squig. My IEM was a 07m that I just asked to be retuned into KL while reshelling.
I wonder why HBBs KL has more sub bass than M version, I think initially it was supposed to be like that, I guess sometthing went wrong with tuning, I read that someone notified LetShuoer about this issue. It might be that they dialed the nubers down, on HBBs set there is a greater mid bass lift than on yours. Anyway I done retuning, they can retune only broader sections by a fixed amount of dBs, it seems that they messed with the numbers or decided that it was too much of a lift.

Those who afraid just ask extra few dBs on top and you are set or at least ask for sub bass levels to stay the same as on M version, no problems with that.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #3,698 of 3,872
My understanding (or lack thereof) was that the KL would lift the midbass up a bit to make that area a little more punchy and pronounced. But I THOUGHT the sub bass would stay the same as the OG EJ07m. I guess that was wrong and there is where I feel disappointed.
Just my 2 baht worth, i.e. not worth much.
God Bless,
Wayne
Will LetShuoer help you to sort your problems out? I think I saw that they offered you some help.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #3,699 of 3,872
Will LetShuoer help you to sort your problems out? I think I saw that they offered you some help.
Yes they did kindly offer and I will probably take them up on their help, once I know exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to correct it. Still experimenting. (Sure hate to be without my babies for that long though).
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #3,700 of 3,872
Yes they did kindly offer and I will probably take them up on their help, once I know exactly what is wrong and whet needs to be done to correct it. Still experimenting. (Sure hate to be without my babies for that long though).
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
Ask them slightly to lift sub bass to match EJ07m levels or even go over them as in HBBs version and you will be sorted, there is no problem for them to do it. For me though EJ07m.sub bass levels are more than enough. I can see why you are dissapointed if your measurments are the same as Nymz's then actually there is almost no difference in mid bass compared with M version and there is penalty on sub bass, strange actually why they did it as if the goal was to lower sub bass in the first palce.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-06-03-05-52-45.png
    Screenshots_2022-06-03-05-52-45.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #3,701 of 3,872
I wonder why HBBs KL has more sub bass than M version, I think initially it was supposed to be like that, I guess sometthing went wrong with tuning, I read that someone notified LetShuoer about this issue. It might be that they dialed the nubers down, on HBBs set there is a greater mid bass lift than on yours. Anyway I done retuning, they can retune only broader sections by a fixed amount of dBs, it seems that they messed with the numbers or decided that it was too much of a lift.

Those who afraid just ask extra few dBs on top and you are set or at least ask for sub bass levels to stay the same as on M version, no problems with that.

Seems his set is different than production. You can check other squigs and they will match mine. The difference to ear is that when you tone down sub bass and add 1db of mids the clarity seems to go up and so does the note weight. The difference besides the rumble is marginal and those who love ej07m as it is should stay with it.

The resin pair I have does seem to have some mojo to it, bringing it closer to ej07 than the metal shell one.

Jun 18, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #3,703 of 3,872
For the Win huh, YES. One of the reasons why I went with customs (other than that the univ. would NEVER seal for me) is that I wanted to avoid the metal body and the short nozzle. Resin is for sure the way to go. AND I can add a little resin to make them fit more snuggly. But I was surprised to get what seems to be less subbass, to me. Course I have nothing to compare it to. That is why I wanted to discuss here with others what they are experiencing. See my attached graph sent by Letshuoer of my own ciems. I hope it means more to you than me.
I am very hopeful that the good people at Letshuoer will help me to increase the subbass but most importantly to tame the harsh treble I am suffering with.
God Bless and thanks for all the help,
Wayne

Attachments

• my ciems tuning FR.jpg
    my ciems tuning FR.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #3,705 of 3,872
For the Win huh, YES. One of the reasons why I went with customs (other than that the univ. would NEVER seal for me) is that I wanted to avoid the metal body and the short nozzle. Resin is for sure the way to go. AND I can add a little resin to make them fit more snuggly. But I was surprised to get what seems to be less subbass, to me. Course I have nothing to compare it to. That is why I wanted to discuss here with others what they are experiencing. See my attached graph sent by Letshuoer of my own ciems. I hope it means more to you than me.
I am very hopeful that the good people at Letshuoer will help me to increase the subbass but most importantly to tame the harsh treble I am suffering with.
God Bless and thanks for all the help,
Wayne
Wayne have you tried this alcohol pad mod? Where you take a double layer pad let it dry, unfold it, cut off a small strip 2-3 mm wide and like 14mm long, roll it and insert into one of the sound tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back