Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 18, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #3,707 of 3,867
Hi TheDeafMonk,
The simple answer to your question is no, I have not tried that. Are you suggesting that mod for a custom iem, with no tips and quite small tubes?
Is that to dampen the highs?
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne
You bet Wayne mod for iem with nozels and sound tubes. I will try to find the link 🔗 I think this will dampen down your highs just the right amount, worth a shot easy to do and takes 10 seconds.

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,708 of 3,867
TheDeafMonk,
I would love to see the link. I doubt it is as easy as you make it sound. ha ha
You do understand that mine are custom iems with no nozzle and no tips right?
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Attachments

• my custom ej07m kinda lava.jpg
    my custom ej07m kinda lava.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #3,709 of 3,867
TheDeafMonk,
I would love to see the link. I doubt it is as easy as you make it sound. ha ha
You do understand that mine are custom iems with no nozzle and no tips right?
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
I think he means to put that roll into one of the sound holes or maybe both for highs and mids to dampen them. Will try to do it myself for fun.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,711 of 3,867
Well False Prophet, how hard was that and did it do any good for taming the highs?

I just heard from Joseph at Letshuoer and it is a NO GO!!!!! They want another $160 to retune my ciems, that would be on top of the shipping costs and around 2 months loss of use. And then no guarantee that they would sound any better.
I am off the Letshuoer bandwagon.
Oh well. I had hopes.
God Bless,
Wayne

Jun 18, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #3,713 of 3,867
Well False Prophet, how hard was that and did it do any good for taming the highs?

I just heard from Joseph at Letshuoer and it is a NO GO!!!!! They want another $160 to retune my ciems, that would be on top of the shipping costs and around 2 months loss of use. And then no guarantee that they would sound any better.
I am off the Letshuoer bandwagon.
Oh well. I had hopes.
God Bless,
Wayne
It was easy, just make sure to insert those rolls gently with no pressing hard, sound needs to travel through it, also make sure that it is easy to be taken out. Don't squish those rolls to much as well, they should act as filter you are not aiming to seal sound tubes completely :smiley: Yep, I ended up having a more meatier sound which is what you are looking for. What a simple solution!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #3,715 of 3,867
Thanks, it does not look like an elegant solution, especially with as much ear wax as I produce, I will probably get them glued in there for good, ha ha.
God Bless,
Wayne
You can make it elegant with some effort, I think those rolls don't need to stick out, they can be taken out easily as long as you don't push them to hard. You can try different stuff like some sponge and etc., just make sure that it is not to dense. Anyway try wipes first and report us your findings.

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #3,716 of 3,867
Jun 18, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #3,717 of 3,867
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #3,718 of 3,867
Thanks, it does not look like an elegant solution, especially with as much ear wax as I produce, I will probably get them glued in there for good, ha ha. Or worse, be fishing cotton outta my ears!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Have you considered using tuning papers?

50pcs Earphones DIY Tuning Papers Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 Y6 Earphones Driver Tuning Cotton Adhesive Pads
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrAbstY
I have some Y2 on the mids bore of my Moondrop S8, they soften the mids a bit and help bass to come out nicely.

I bought some universal Kinda Lava but unfortunately they have a small issue with the left earpiece and had to go back to Linsoul for a repair. I hadn't much time to listen to them, but was quite impressed by the 3d feeling and natural tuning.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,719 of 3,867
Thanks False Prophet and Archigius,
I have custom iems with two holes showing, a small one and a smaller one. I don't see how tuning papers would work, and don't feel the risk is worthwhile to roll up any kind of paper and stick it in either (which???) hole for fear it would get stuck down inside and waxed in and never come out, OR more likely come out down in my ear hole.
I am thinking to leave well enough alone. For the most part I enjoy most of my library with the ciem Kinda Lava tuning. Wish there was more bass, but c'est la vie. For those songs, albums where the treble is too harsh, I will just change over to my Eartech quads or hexes. They will tame the treble to listenable levels.
Thank guys, happy rolling,
God Bless,
Wayne

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #3,720 of 3,867
I don't see how tuning papers would work, and don't feel the risk is worthwhile to roll up any kind of paper and stick it in either (which???) hole for fear it would get stuck down inside
Tuning paper are adhesive.
They are made of a very thin circle of paper and an outer layer of rubber-like adhesive material.
You need a set of plastic tweezers (provided when you purchase these) to glue them in place. They are sold in large numbers so you can try again and again.
Also, they leave no glue residue.
You just need to test which bore is the mid/heights one and which bore is the bass one.
Just have a look at the attachment.
IMG_20220622_150250372.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back