Shuoer impressions thread
Jun 2, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #3,676 of 3,872
Better note weight and mids, less sub-bass. Vocals are slightly more controlled.

Anyway, whoever says they are night and day, it's probably BSing you.

graph - 2022-06-03T004133.330.png
That helps! I'll just stick with what I've got. Thanks a bunch.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #3,677 of 3,872
The factory pics of my reshelled EJ07m are out. The tuning is also changed to Kinda Lava.

This IEM was sent in January and got lost. It resurfaced last month and it was meant to be turned into KL (initial idea was just a custom shell EJ07m, KL didnt exist back then).

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

unknown 3.pngunknown 2.pngunknown.png

Big thanks to Joseph @ LETSHUOER for taking care of me and my set.​
Your babies, finally! Interesting, I thought that Kinda Lava had highier sub bass shelf than M version.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-06-03-05-52-45.png
    Screenshots_2022-06-03-05-52-45.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #3,679 of 3,872
Hi Nymz,
Great you finally got em!!!! They are beautiful!!!!! Are they custom, ciems?
Would love to hear a full review of them from you sir!!!!!
Yeah, I was totally expecting more sub bass and bass in general. Mine don't have that much. I want more. Sadly that, a .lot of driver flex and a good bit of treble harshness keep these babies from being my end game ciems. .
Do you have a lot of driver flex?
God bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #3,680 of 3,872
Hi Nymz,
Great you finally got em!!!! They are beautiful!!!!! Are they custom, ciems?
Would love to hear a full review of them from you sir!!!!!
Yeah, I was totally expecting more sub bass and bass in general. Mine don't have that much. I want more. Sadly that, a .lot of driver flex and a good bit of treble harshness keep these babies from being my end game ciems. .
Do you have a lot of driver flex?
God bless,
Wayne
Try to play more with tips, I got pretty good sub bass and mid bass on my regular M version. I would suggest you tu use regular Spiral Dot tips, it brings the bigest amount of bass and tames treble quit a bit.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #3,682 of 3,872
Hi everyone! First time commenting here. I'm wondering what tips you guys normally use with your S12?

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #3,683 of 3,872
Hi everyone! First time commenting here. I'm wondering what tips you guys normally use with your S12?
I tend to like L Spiral Dots as they keep their dome shape in my ears and the space for the bass to resonate, and I also use ASLA Xelasteks.

Jun 14, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #3,686 of 3,872
My custom shell Kinda Lava just arrived. Here are the graphs:

graph - 2022-06-14T191428.019.png

graph - 2022-06-14T191412.453.png

graph - 2022-06-14T203945.610.png

76a6781a3517814a171e5a86713409003539cc90.jpeg
OMG so sweet I am Jealous mine are still being made just Lava metal shell but that has me excited as hell. Love your graph and almost no chanel imbalance amazing.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3,687 of 3,872
Hi Nymz, enjoy them on your vacation. Take note of whether or not they take a while to break in, mine did. Also you seem to have gotten the small lift in the mid bass area as per Kinda Lava, but got shorted on the sub bass by the resin body. Mine did as well, therefore I was disappointed.
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #3,688 of 3,872
Hi Nymz, enjoy them on your vacation. Take note of whether or not they take a while to break in, mine did. Also you seem to have gotten the small lift in the mid bass area as per Kinda Lava, but got shorted on the sub bass by the resin body. Mine did as well, therefore I was disappointed.
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne

If you watch the 2nd graph, it graphs the same up to 1k versus metal stock shell. What resin is changing is the upper mids/treble, but the fit is also different. Will try to measure them deeper once I get back.

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,689 of 3,872
Thanks Nymz, I definitely have been struggling with the treble, I love the clarity and detail in the treble, but some albums are just too bright and harsh for me. I have tried to tame them with cables, with going back to Single Ended play, nothing helps enough, still too bright and harsh on a few albums. And I definitely wanted more bass--where there is plenty of deep bass in the music it plays back wonderfully, so this is probably a lack of deep bass available on my music, not a fault of the ciems. But I have test tones to play down to 20 Hz on my KLs and 20 Hz is hardly audible, very little going on there sadly.
Happy listening and hoping for a full review of them from you in the future, when you have time.
God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #3,690 of 3,872
Is the
Thanks Nymz, I definitely have been struggling with the treble, I love the clarity and detail in the treble, but some albums are just too bright and harsh for me. I have tried to tame them with cables, with going back to Single Ended play, nothing helps enough, still too bright and harsh on a few albums. And I definitely wanted more bass--where there is plenty of deep bass in the music it plays back wonderfully, so this is probably a lack of deep bass available on my music, not a fault of the ciems. But I have test tones to play down to 20 Hz on my KLs and 20 Hz is hardly audible, very little going on there sadly.
Happy listening and hoping for a full review of them from you in the future, when you have time.
God Bless,
Wayne
Is that more a function of the driver itself or the specific KL tuning? I guess the original Ej07m still has a good amount of sub bass?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back