Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #17 of 1,545
Just a quick impressions based on my past two days of listening:

I will describe the overall signature of the Zero to be quite netural, a surprise for me since it wasn't what I expect from a dynamic driver cased in wood. Someone commented to me he could hear the wood tones in the overall signature and I have to agree.

As a result, what you get is great clarity but some will feel that it will be lacking in body. Bass is present, but not in huge amount and not meant for bassheads.

I saw someone comparing this to the RE400 and I can see where they are coming from. I own the RE400 too but I much prefer the Zero to the RE400. The RE400 is more analytical while the Zero much more musical.

Based off of my sonic memory (so take it with a pinch of salt), I say the IEMs that sound the closest is the UERR.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #19 of 1,545
Just a quick impressions based on my past two days of listening:

I will describe the overall signature of the Zero to be quite netural, a surprise for me since it wasn't what I expect from a dynamic driver cased in wood. Someone commented to me he could hear the wood tones in the overall signature and I have to agree.

As a result, what you get is great clarity but some will feel that it will be lacking in body. Bass is present, but not in huge amount and not meant for bassheads.

I saw someone comparing this to the RE400 and I can see where they are coming from. I own the RE400 too but I much prefer the Zero to the RE400. The RE400 is more analytical while the Zero much more musical.

Based off of my sonic memory (so take it with a pinch of salt), I say the IEMs that sound the closest is the UERR.

It sounds like the Zero SQ is similar to that of the Shozy Cygnus based on your impressions above. If that is the case, it will be a nice-sounding IEM indeed!

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #21 of 1,545
Hopefully these will be released locally (in Singapore) once the final version is out. These may really be what the GR07 should have been.

I was told that it will be available at Null Audio when the finalized unit is ready to be sold.

Yup, these will be available at all of Shozy's official distributors. Null Audio is the one for Singapore.

It sounds like the Zero SQ is similar to that of the Shozy Cygnus based on your impressions above. If that is the case, it will be a nice-sounding IEM indeed!

I have not heard the Cygnus but now you caught my interest :D

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #26 of 1,545
These arrived in my mail box without any warning, nor knowledge of what they were. Funnily enough, I had an Alien Gold being run in, so that is what they got plugged into first. Definitely a nice pairing. They are a touch on the warm side, with just the right amount of treble, so closer to neutral than the current warmish "consumer" tuning you get in most headphones nowadays. No major flaws. The treble is way better than it has any right to be for the price, without the typical "IEM treble" which even some of my customs have a bit of.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #27 of 1,545
These arrived in my mail box without any warning, nor knowledge of what they were. Funnily enough, I had an Alien Gold being run in, so that is what they got plugged into first. Definitely a nice pairing. They are a touch on the warm side, with just the right amount of treble, so closer to neutral than the current warmish "consumer" tuning you get in most headphones nowadays. No major flaws. The treble is way better than it has any right to be for the price, without the typical "IEM treble" which even some of my customs have a bit of.

Please burn it in using orchestra pieces for more than 100 hours using the Alien. You will be surprise by how much the sound will improve. Mine is now past the 100 hours mark and is onto 200 hours mark and there still is improvement in the sound.

They do sound somewhat like the Cygnus and I like them.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #28 of 1,545
Looks as if I'll be joining the party as well 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back