Shozy Form 1.4
Apr 15, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #93 of 103
The sense I'm getting is that the 1.4 is an improvement over the 1.1, even it is is priced at too much of a multiple.

Drop is selling the 1.1 for $60 right now, and it made me consider a purchase. But if it has harsh treble or inferior instrument separation as compared to the 1.4, then I would probably be happier with the 1.4. So I am thinking of waiting for the 1.4 to come down below $140.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #94 of 103
Drop is selling the 1.1 for $60 right now, and it made me consider a purchase. But if it has harsh treble or inferior instrument separation as compared to the 1.4, then I would probably be happier with the 1.4. So I am thinking of waiting for the 1.4 to come down below $140.
Drop just brought the 1.4 back at $140 this morning!

May 13, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #95 of 103
Anyone compared 1.4 to ISN H40?

May 27, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #96 of 103
Hi all! I'm newbie here, and want to start new communications here with my review on these iems!) I've received these headphones from the HiFiGo store.
Hope for your kindness!
okay, lets start)

Shozy Form 1.4

IMG_0825.JPG

Hello! Today I would like to share my mini-review on the excellent Shozy headphones, named Form 1.4.

This model, according to the manufacturer, is an improved version of Form 1.1, good hybrids with a sharp rise at the top of the middle frequencies.

In version 1.4, this issue was removed, making listening much more comfortable, but of course other parts of the range were also tightened and improved.

So, let's start the review. Let's start with a sound, and then move on to package.

Low frequencies

LFs in 1.4 are strongly pronounced and pushed forward, however, this is done with taste.
The bass does not push mids, it does not interfere, but lovers of a neutral and armature feed may not even like such a bass. Fast, tight, absolutely controlled.
Sub bass sometimes even “hits” the eardrums, but it does not cause discomfort. The drums and rumble sounds are quite conspicuous, in general it seems that the drums in the familiar track suddenly became 2 human tall.
The low frequency range is also full of expressive reverbs, everything in this area sounds very nice and detailed.

Mid frequencies

The lower part of the middle frequencies is quite strongly raised. The instruments are very bodily and expressive, male vocals are powerful and “real”. Any hard rock, metal (especially Melodic death metal) sounds very good: engaging, detailed, interesting.
The middle itself is slightly lowered down, but this is can be listened only if you keep the frequency response graph in front of your eyes and listen carefully. I didn’t notice any flaws here.

There is a small raise at top of the mid frequency, which in some tracks becomes noticeable, but my hearing is not annoying at all. Female vocals sound lower than they should be, but at the same time they continue to be very close to the listener and very intimate.

In general, about the middle, I would say that they added some kind of intimacy, instead of just pushing it down. It all sounds “expensive and rich” according to its price.

IMG_0798.JPG

High frequencies

Treble is excellent, but slightly flattened and pushed back a little. On poorly recorded metal, they begin to give out light dirt, but this again does not rush to the ears, due to smoothness. The amount of treble is average, the quality of them I rated at B+.

The headphone scene is also larger than the average in width and noticeably larger than the average in depth.

The above was evaluated with the Cozoy Takt-C as a source, which in turn makes the sound V-shaped.
With a more neutral source like the Hidisz AP80 player, the sound also becomes more neutral and less colored in “dark tones”.
Sub bass ceases to beat on the eardrums, bass control gets even better, bass reverbs also improve in quality.
The raise at top of the mid frequency remains, but becomes “thinner” by ear, and therefore is even less noticeable.
HF becomes noticeably larger quantitatively, while their quality improves, they become even more pleasant and are also laid back a little.

Package is very modest and is shown in the photo.
6a02c1d112.jpg

In general, I would characterize the Shozy Form 1.4 as headphones with a slant to the dark side and comfort, while remaining incredibly detailed, involving and interesting.

Among the many test tracks, two were most useful for writing a review: Agnes Obel - The Curse and Architects - Doomsday.

Thank you for the attention! Constructive criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• Form-1.4-crinacle.com_.jpg-1100x535.jpg
    Form-1.4-crinacle.com_.jpg-1100x535.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #98 of 103
Shozy Form 1.4 Aesthetic and sound enjoyment.

I got acquainted with the headphones thanks to the HiFiGo store.
Packaging is rather meager.
A box of thin black cardboard.
The case is medium-sized with a zipper, it also contains headphones with a nice cable in a fabric braid and a set of silicone and foam nozzles of different sizes.
However, the most important thing is the headphones - elegant stunning pebbles, which at first glance seem weighty, surprisingly very light.

Sound.
Low frequencies:
There is an excellent subbass here, its a little and not a little, just right, electronic music lovers should appreciate it. I would not say that the bass here is viscous and rolly, fast metal styles also play well, that is, with the mid bass there is also order.

Mid frequencies:
They have excellent resolution, the guitars sound great, with fat, the vocals sound too high, all the nuances are heard.

High frequencies:
There is a peak at 7 kHz, I am quite sensitive to them, but then he didn’t deliver any troubles to me, which is surprising.
All cymbals, crashes, hayhet, raids have excellent attacks and attenuation.
Great resolution. No dirt.

Conclusion:
4BA and 1DD are well matched.
Excellent headphones that can be called universal, with an assertive, dense sound and at the same time decent detail.
Any music sounds excellent and rich.
The landing is also convenient, do not press, do not fall out of the ears, as the very light ones wrote above.
General appearance and most importantly sound 5!

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #100 of 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back