SHOW US YOUR WOODY!
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #259 of 269

325is with cocobolo from Martin.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #261 of 269
Beauty!

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #262 of 269
I hope someday I can afford some of those I have been looking at them for awhile. I just sometimes go to the website and drool.
atsmile.gif
 You do amazing work, I would love to have a 1/10th of your talent. I met a guy who had some of you CEIM's in Chicago. He told me about how amazing they sound, his were gorgeous too.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #264 of 269
Please tell us more.  (elbows on table, chin in hands)

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #265 of 269
Hallo bbophead!
Sure man, happy to oblige.

They are Fischer Audio FA-003W High Edition in Karelian Birch, from Noisy Motel.
http://www.noisymotel.com/search.asp?BrandID=35
They were kind enough to allow me to review both drivers for the 003 using the woody cups of my choice (SEVERAL woods available in both high and regular edition). For a brief synopsis of each woods characteristics check out Fischers website.

I liked both the look and sound of the Karelian Birch. Right now I'm runnin the leather high edition pads (also comes with velure), and the normal edition drivers. But I like both drivers very very much. The birch adds an amazing amount of soundstage due to its amphitheater internal carving... Actually for the full review with images of all the internals etc ill just refer you to my link here at head-fi

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644557/i-just-got-major-wood-review-fischer-audio-fa-003-karelian-birch-both-editions-and-fa-006#post_9022336

Let me know if I can help more?

May 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #267 of 269
I've eyed these Karelian Birch cups so much back when the FA-003W got released; there was a branch of their website dedicated to showing all of their different-woods cups (in HD photos) and describing their sound signature and properties on the headphones; I must have read through all the woods like 5 times, and almost committed to buying this wood you got.

But I woke up one morning and decided to stick with my open-backs and forget about the FA-003W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back