Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #15,693 of 41,075
They are glass and from Pier One. I have included the link for you.

http://www.pier1.com/Recycled-Glass-Head/2188209,default,pd.html

Thanks!
  No offense Capslow but Brunk: Do you really want to have a glass head in your living room? Why don't you check out first the crystal vodka from Canada. There are two sizes, 700cc and 1700cc if I recall. A lot nicer and stylish.
http://crystalheadvodka.com/welcome 

Someone may not consider a skull as "nicer and more stylish" either. 
wink.gif
 Thanks for the link though!

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #15,695 of 41,075
Speaking of glass heads, my setup has one as well.

A lot of new and exciting things have happened to my bedroom rig since I last posted, and there's more on the shelves next to my desk (not seen in these photos).

I'll give a hundred dollars to anybody who can correctly identify my new speakers.

And as usual, my apologies for the world-class photography.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #15,697 of 41,075
  My guess: DIY Fostex Speakers, custom paint.

Im not sure about Fostex drivers, but it's defInitely DIY.

edit actually they may be Fostex, there's quite a few similarities to other models.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #15,698 of 41,075
You're right about the enclosure being DIY, but you're headed down the wrong path with the drivers. They're in-ceiling Klipsch units, a couple years old. They're a bit too diffused for any critical listening, but I have the speakers pointed straight outward for casual radio and CD play. My old Mission 771s have suffered some pretty catastrophic rubber tears, so these are a stand-in until the Missions are back in running order. After that, I'll probably put them in my living room.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #15,700 of 41,075
  Did I earn 20$ at least? I was kind of close 
smily_headphones1.gif
 any headphone you wanna get rid of will be well appreciated.

Well, I do have some Sony NC in-ears lying around that I never use, but I doubt that's what you were thinking of.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #15,703 of 41,075

LOL! 

I have the same set up as you friend :)

(except instead of the Q702 I have the 65th Anniversary Editions)

I even have the Seiko Black monster as well 
tongue.gif
 (except I switched the bracelet with the strap) 

Do you have any plans on upgrading your rig anytime soon? I actually downgraded my rig to what I have now and I'm still loving every bit of music I hear.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #15,704 of 41,075
  downgraded my rig

Seriously though, good on you for managing to save your wallet, whether that was your primary intention or not 
size]

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #15,705 of 41,075
LOL! 

I have the same set up as you friend :)

(except instead of the Q702 I have the 65th Anniversary Editions)

I even have the Seiko Black monster as well :p  (except I switched the bracelet with the strap) 

Do you have any plans on upgrading your rig anytime soon? I actually downgraded my rig to what I have now and I'm still loving every bit of music I hear.

I have already bought the he-6s which are on the way. I have a fairly decent two channel set-up and will be using my speaker amp and vinyl rig with those. Also on the horizon is the hd800 and t1. I am waiting to make any more big purchases until I go to the Austin headfi meet in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back