Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #11,507 of 41,293
Quote:

Ain't she a beaut? 
biggrin.gif
 Listening to the Project Sunrise ii  with the odac and dt770's. (Sorry about the iPhone pic quality)

Had a chance to listen to a Project Sunrise at a recent meet and it's an impressive little amp.  So it is a DIY or fully assembled.  Might pick up a kit and put it together as practice for soldering after a long break away from trying DIY.  

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #11,508 of 41,293
Quote:

Haha it's definitely worth the $50 or whatever more, assembled.

Yep. I think I'd like to build one of their kits down the line though, maybe the Ember when that is released.

Quote:

Ahhh, I see. I've been seriously considering the Project Horizon. I'm with you... I'm lazy and would rather order it fully assembled. :)

How do you like it?? What headphones are you using with it?

It's goood. I've had experience playing my dt770 out of my pal's Little Dot mkiii and I think the Sunrise performs favorably. I hope to push the performance even further when my new tubes arrive 
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #11,510 of 41,293
Quote:
what is the function of an Amp?

Alright, I'll take this one. So inside all products that you can listen to music on in this modern age, be it your phone, ipod, computer w/sound card, or hi-fi system, there are two important things to get digital audio into our ears. You probably know that data is stored in ones and zeroes, right? Well, we can't hear ones and zeros. So our media players have a device called a DAC in them. DAC stands for digital audio convertor (or digital to analog convertor). It's the DAC's job to turn the ones and zeroes into sound that you can hear. Once it's converted, you're not quite done yet. You probably also know that sound is created by objects vibrating. Inside your headphones or speakers, there is a driver: usual a piece of thin film/membrane with a coil. Electricity goes through the coil, moving the membrane, and produces the sound the electricity is transmitting. But DACs aren't designed to power headphones. They output a votlage and current level that is unsuitable to plug most headphones into. So inside our music players, next to the DAC, we have an amplifier. The amplifier's job is to power the headphones and transmit the now analog sound from the DAC into the headphones at a volume that is to your liking. Here on Head-Fi we use external amps and DACs because they're higher quality and more suited to our headphones than the $2 components in our phones or computers. Hope that helped, others can tell you the added benefits of a clean source/proper amping. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #11,512 of 41,293
Quote:
Here on Head-Fi we use external amps and DACs because they're higher quality than the $2 components in our phones or computers.

And more powerful for headphones that normal players simply can't handle, too.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #11,516 of 41,293
Quote:
Quote:
it's Logitech G600, it's a logitech's answer to the Naga, it essentially have double amount of buttons that the naga because of the G-shift button.

I looked it up and I was very impressed until that I saw it was a wired mouse. Is there a wireless version?

You don't want a wireless as a gamer. Wired has faster polling and no chance of losing power at a key moment.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #11,519 of 41,293
Quote:
You've done it. You've committed the ultimate crime of words. I assumed it was a foregone conclusion that somebody would do this eventually, but I didn't know the day would be today. Not so soon!

You know you're deluding yourself when you've put the words "humble" and "Stax" in the same sentence.

LOL....just until I get another picture shot when I get enough money to invest in a BHSE and then I'll have my SR-Omega's with it in for another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back