Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #10,546 of 41,102
Very nice! Before I got 16610, I was an Omega man - had a Seamaster (circa mid 1960s), and a MK4.5 Speedmaster. Plan to grab another Speedy sometime in the near-ish future, as well as a 166.024... As over-played as the Rolie is, it's a definite keeper.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #10,547 of 41,102
Quote:
Good eye! I didnt realize it was in the picture!!

After being on AudioKarma and the Gon, I;ve come to realize these two hobbies usually go hand-in-hand. Have you got any?

I'm a watch dealer so a few yes :wink: Not too many personally but always plenty in stock I can choose from.

I have a penchant for 1940's Rolex Bubblebacks which I used to collect. Sold them off though to buy something BIGGER (a couple of AP Royal Oak Offshores) which have also gone now - sold one to buy a car actually! Recently looked at my watch box and decided it was rather bereft so bought a lovely 1946 bubbleback, one that I found which was all nice and original and not messed about with. Been wearing it all week and am a very happy bunny :)

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #10,549 of 41,102
Quote:
Laptop is off to the right hand side here...

Nice. Would you mind shooting some close-ups of the rack?
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #10,550 of 41,102
I'm a watch dealer so a few yes :wink: Not too many personally but always plenty in stock I can choose from.

I have a penchant for 1940's Rolex Bubblebacks which I used to collect. Sold them off though to buy something BIGGER (a couple of AP Royal Oak Offshores) which have also gone now - sold one to buy a car actually! Recently looked at my watch box and decided it was rather bereft so bought a lovely 1946 bubbleback, one that I found which was all nice and original and not messed about with. Been wearing it all week and am a very happy bunny :)

Very nice!! I haven;t had the luxury to see any of AP;s offerings in the flesh, but seen and handled plenty from the other guys though - GP, JLC, PP, Breguet.

Obviously a Patek is the ultimate goal, however I think a JLC would be a nice real goal.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #10,552 of 41,102
Quote:
Good eye! I didnt realize it was in the picture!!

After being on AudioKarma and the Gon, I;ve come to realize these two hobbies usually go hand-in-hand. Have you got any?

watch freak here too. focus mainly on vintage Rolex and vintage Seiko divers though really looking at a white RO

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #10,553 of 41,102
Quote:
t is not a rack BTW, just three units stacked on each other directly. One is a DAC one is a power supply for the DAC and last one is a Headphone Amp...

Of course. Stack was the word I was looking for
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #10,559 of 41,102
\

LOL you're not the first to recall all that KSC75 hype, that was a lot of fun.  I think I'll be forever linked to those cheap little silver clips.  and yes I still listen to mine all the time.

thanks for the warm welcome. 

You sir, are the reason I bought the KSC75 (modded the **** out of it), and started my head-fi (hifi?) journey. Pretty much when I think back to the old head-fi I equate my experience to you, Duggeh (Jecklin floats and Taket H2 indeed), and Uncle Erik (hilarious). Also mwilson, who sold me a pair of defective iems (Shure's flagship at the time)- never confronted him about it.

Hats off to you :)

Oh yeah pictures.

This is like a week old but I'll update it when I get home.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #10,560 of 41,102
You sir, are the reason I bought the KSC75 (modded the **** out of it), and started my head-fi (hifi?) journey. Pretty much when I think back to the old head-fi I equate my experience to you, Duggeh (Jecklin floats and Taket H2 indeed), and Uncle Erik (hilarious). Also mwilson, who sold me a pair of defective iems (Shure's flagship at the time)- never confronted him about it.

Hats off to you :)

Oh yeah pictures.

This is like a week old but I'll update it when I get home.

THAT. IS. WICKED. COOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back