Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #9,796 of 41,119
Not quite a computer loon yet, but always striving. I tweaked a 2010 Mac mini music server for my audio rig. Got a couple of TT's and portables as well. May bring a Reel-to-reel home one day...

Whoa! I'm in California and hadn't noticed the sun just came up - way past my bed time! This overnight listening session has now gone Final.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #9,797 of 41,119
Not quite a computer loon yet, but always striving. I tweaked a 2010 Mac mini music server for my audio rig. Got a couple of TT's and portables as well. May bring a Reel-to-reel home one day...

Cool! Am impressed! Damn..ur one of a kind.. :wink: ..i am into watercooling all whats possible (and i mean all) to get the highest possible reliable speed..am now working on a rig with two seperate water cycles with their own pumps/radiators and reservoirs..and the still to build 2nd cycle will have a external pump/reservoir/radiator build into a custommade aluminium mattblack rack and powered by its own separate powerunit..it gives me headaches sometimes to figure out..but its fun! And i am going the same way with my 337 i think..as i read about powercaps, better capacitators and so on.. :D this is the beginning of the end..aaaaarrrrgggghhh :wink:

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #9,798 of 41,119
Quote:

Thanks kindly. Looking forward to watching your growth with Glass. As a Computer Audiophile, I placed the internals of my OTL amp under a 48" Black light, 
tongue_smile.gif
searching for Easter eggs. 

ee39b86f_DSC_9177640x426.jpeg

Are you using vintage sprague black beauty capacitors?  I like 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #9,803 of 41,119
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there!  I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.  

$(KGrHqVHJC0FC!PN+sveBQjdYi56iQ~~60_35.JPG

Anyone has experience with ultracaps? The guy who is going to upgrade my 337 uses those for.the upgrade..am just curious..if u guys have experience with those

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #9,806 of 41,119
Quote:
my first hp setup. he-400, e09k/e17, pc source running foobar and spotify, tablet remote control :) 

hp.png

What chair is that...

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #9,807 of 41,119
Quote:
Anyone has experience with ultracaps? The guy who is going to upgrade my 337 uses those for.the upgrade..am just curious..if u guys have experience with those

Haven't heard of those, the output caps in the 337 are huge though, 6mf or something like that if I remember correctly.  So it is hard to find something that will work and will fit in the chassis.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back