Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #8,674 of 41,131
Quote:
And back to the thread...just got this setup in
smily_headphones1.gif
mmmmm, detailed, extended, yet grainless
smily_headphones1.gif

With the wooden beauties:
20120924_232156.jpg

With my favorite:
20120924_232300.jpg

Dark and Sexy shot:
20120924_235043.jpg

Kojaku

I leave for 12 hours and what the hell happened to this thread!?

Kojaku, you just posted my dream setup.  Literally the 3 cans I want with the Schiit combo!  Woody Grado, modded T50RP (on the way!) and LCD-2 to see how they compare and see if I can tune the T50's close.

I'm on my way to your house, wherever it is.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #8,675 of 41,131

Kojaku, you just posted my dream setup.  Literally the 3 cans I want with the Schiit combo!  Woody Grado, modded T50RP (on the way!) and LCD-2 to see how they compare and see if I can tune the T50's close.

I'm on my way to your house, wherever it is.

Haha. It's in Los Angeles at UCLA :). The modded grados are a very special flavor of my pad mod. Takes the edge off the treble still, but doesn't bundle extra unnecessary low-end warmth. Very nice :).

Kojaku

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #8,676 of 41,131
Where would the T50RP's fit in the mix with that setup?  Do you find them similar to the LCD-2 as some reviews have said?  Mine won't have wood cups but I'd like to tune them in that direction.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #8,677 of 41,131
Quote:

So jealous of your schiit right now... :p How much do you love it?...

I am really digging it. Best balanced setup I've heard yet. But GS-X is just around the corner.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #8,678 of 41,131
This is my current setup wich i am verry happy about :D

Wyred4sound DAC-2 & Cavalli Liquid Fire with stock JJ's (for the moment,still have to install my NOS Siemens & Halske E88CC from 1959)

My beautiful and verry good sounding Audeze LCD-3 with Moon-audio Silver Dragon 3 HP cable

My NOS Siemens & Halske E88CC from 1959 with gold pins

W4S DAC-2 in action

LF in action,isn't she a beaut :D

My 'old' Audeze LCD-2 Rev.2 wich is sleeping in the travel case at the moment

My current 2 headphones wich i like

And another shot i just took with the LF sleeping underneath the covers :D

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #8,679 of 41,131
Quote:
He has a 200 dollar phone. Probably a 1200 dollar computer. A thousand dollar + pair of headphones. A 150 dollar pair of ear buds. A 700 dollar pair of headphones. And another 200 dollar pair of headphones.

Are you his accountant all of a sudden? Good for him.....It's a hobby.....

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #8,680 of 41,131
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #8,682 of 41,131
Quote:
Just came back from Hongkong to find a replacement for my AT M50. I'm looking for decent bass, with good SQ and good soundstage, and most importantly comfortable!!! SQ must be better than the senn IE8.
I will use it for music (pop, old rock, jazz) and gaming (l4d2, csgo and sc2). I'm hoping seniors on this thread can help me.
After some research, I decided my option to be beyer 770 pro 80 ohm, senn hd650 and denon d5k.
For the Denon, none of the shops has the old model. They already being replaced with the 400, 600 and 7100. They have the d7000 model, but its too expensive for me...
In the end, I tested Beyer 770 pro 80, hd650, denon 400, and ultrasone 900.
First I ruled out ultrasone since the clamp is too much, not comfortable enough for me.
Moving to beyer. The comfort is ridiculous for a closed can. I can barely feel the headphone on my head and I absolutely loved it! Sound wise the Bass is very strong, I like it. SQ definitely a step up to my M50, but details are drowned by the bass qty. Soundstage is wide, which is important to me for gaming purpose.
HD 650, not as comfort as the beyer since the clamp is a bit tight. But it still comfy for me compared to M50 and ultrasone. Bass qty just enough for me and the SQ is definitely better than Beyer. Details are not drowned by the bass and soundstage is also wide. Although I can't compare the soundstage with Beyer since I'm not testing in a quite room.
Denon 400, comfort wise just a little bit below beyer. Bass qty maybe too much for me and the SQ is about the same like Beyer if not less. But for twice the price of beyer and even more expensive than 650, I ruled it out.
So now my options are between Beyer 770 pro 80 (usd 220) and HD 650 (usd 360) . One question is how is the soundstage comparison between these 2 cans? Since its also important to me for gaming.
I'm having difficulties on choosing which one to buy, so please seniors help me...
I will use it indoor with my asus g73jw and Fiio e17 (for now).

You can spread out the 650's so they are not tight and they will bend just fine. After some break in time (<50+ hours) they become one of the best HP's around. They scale up with the quality you give them as well or better than any HP I have ever heard.  My.02. Good luck with the search!

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #8,683 of 41,131
Quote:

MY thoughts exactly...This going to sleep thing gets in the way of my posting!

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #8,684 of 41,131
Quote:
Haha. It's in Los Angeles at UCLA
smily_headphones1.gif
. The modded grados are a very special flavor of my pad mod. Takes the edge off the treble still, but doesn't bundle extra unnecessary low-end warmth. Very nice
smily_headphones1.gif
Kojaku

Have those can's always had a bit of treble harshness in your opinion?  I auditioned the Rev 1 (have heard the Rev 2 but on Woo gear, not my own) with my system but found them to be very natural, more akin to a HD650 on steroids, smooth, 3D, rich, organic.  I'm all tubes, DAC through amp though.  Just wondering if most people thought they had a bit of a treble spike to them.  Congrats on the UCLA attendance btw, almost went to Berkeley but the tuition was out of this world if you're not in-state.  Looks like I need to get my hands on a Rev 1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back