Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #7,771 of 41,120
Quote:
Posted this in another forum, figured it qualifies here as my system has changed.  Got a new rack for the equipment.  Pulled it out of an old theatre near my house along with the amps on the bottom.

What a sight!
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #7,775 of 41,120
I figured that I may as well take a picture of my rig before I head back to school. Disclaimer: It is very difficult to take a picture with the Nexus 7's camera (which sucks anyway)

EDIT: oh wow that turned out even worse than I had anticipated :xf_eek:
EDIT EDIT: resized to diminish crappiness of photo.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #7,777 of 41,120
How do you like the pk90?

It's actually a PK100 tmw110!  I had the exact same problem, took them forever to send an email back about purchasing one.  Keep at it and you will get one, I have been very happy with it.  Don't have anything to compare it with as I was using a laptop before, but it does exactly what I wanted it to do.  One thing I will mention about Auraliti, when I received my unit I had a weird problem with it.  Ray bent over backwards to help me out with it...probably the best customer service I have received from any company.  All is well now and the unit is working perfectly...I can play any digital file (up to 24/192) and it outputs nicely to the Bifrost.  Still working on ripping all of my CD's, but its a lot of fun to sit in my comfee chair with the Ipad and be able to browse through all of my digital music!

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #7,778 of 41,120
Some very nice modest rigs in here, I hope you don't mind if I add my modest vintage rig to the list. :wink:

The amp is a vintage Sherwood S-6000. There isn't much info on it but it seems to have the same hardware as a S-7800 but with some of the upgrades the 8800A model brought. Some of the vintage guys will know what I'm talking about, I'm still pretty new to the scene. :p The amp hasn't seen any restoration services yet. I bought it with the intention of taking it to a local tech but it arrived in much better shape than I had anticipated so I might just do the work myself. It could do with some cleaning and capacitors of that age are usually in not too good shape, but that's to be expected with things 30 years past their expiration date.

And here is a closeup of the face.

Typical late 60s Sherwood, back when they made them in the US. I've also got one of their first gen Japanese made amps and they are a completely different beast. They very slightly share design and sound signature but they are very distant cousins to the American made amps.

I've got a cheap cartridge at the moment but it sounds pretty good. I'll probably replace it with another Audio Technica when I can afford to. I find their signature sound works better in carts than it does in their headphones.

And my tape deck, good for metal demo tapes and for when you just need an album on analog but the vinyl is just too expensive.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #7,779 of 41,120
Your rack costs more than a lot of people's entire systems. While I get your modesty comment was a joke, in all seriousness how do you like the Mapleshade rack?

I was looking at one myself recently (or at least one of their TT stands). Is it sturdy enough? I'm honestly a little confused about how it all goes together.

Quote:
Here is my modest system:

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #7,782 of 41,120
MohawkUS - beautiful station. I'm a sucker for the vintage setups.

I wish I had a worthy head-fi station to post here. Some day...

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #7,785 of 41,120
Quote:
Not exactly the newest photo, not full rig, but still part of my "collection". Sent this to a contest (photo is crap, but they said they won't judge the technique, just what's on it), maybe I have a chance as an "interesting rig"? That's what you call "classic" (at least in "portable", heh)! :wink:

r0hUv.jpg

Yes, it' a bit dusty, but now? Whatever...

This is an awesome vintage setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back