Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #7,756 of 41,125
I been playing around with the different headphone stands for the last 2 weeks or so. I never really hit on the look of one I liked. So last Wednesday, while sitting at my ugly, old, falling apart computer stand it came to me. Why not build a new desk and make the headphone stand part of it and, add a spot for amps and what not. So I spent the evening drawing up different desks and finally hit on one I kind of liked. So Friday off to the lumber store I went and started the building process. I am still 100% its what I want or will settle on, but its atleast functional and a heck of a lot better than what I had been using since moving the man cave from the upstairs to the dungeon....I mean basement......lol

Well anyway here is a couple pictures of the current listening station. Nothing really elaborate, but its functional and suites me well. At least for the time being. 

Pictures are taken from my iPhone and I am about the farthest thing from a photographer that you will ever find. Sorry for the crappy pics, but its the best I can do.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #7,758 of 41,125
Quote:
Not exactly the newest photo, not full rig, but still part of my "collection". Sent this to a contest (photo is crap, but they said they won't judge the technique, just what's on it), maybe I have a chance as an "interesting rig"? That's what you call "classic" (at least in "portable", heh)! :wink:

Yes, it' a bit dusty, but now? Whatever...

What cd player is that? The portapro cable looks modified... (or is there an amp outside the picture between the two :wink:

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #7,760 of 41,125
@Indieman: Bought used, AFAIK the cable is stock - it has been rejacked, though (don't remember what jack it is).
Player is SONY D-50 - first Discman ever. ^_^

@Tilpo: I wish good camera skills were cheaper (speaking for myself). ;-/

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #7,761 of 41,125
Quote:

Doesn't get much more classic than a Discman and PortaPros 
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #7,762 of 41,125

New and only stationary rig!
Upgraded from HD600 with x-can v2 which have now found a new home on my fiancees head.
She thought I was crazy for spending so much on a pair of headphones but once she tried them on her face lit up and she understood what headphones was about..

Couldn't let her go back to some crappy low-fi headphones after that so she got my old rig :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #7,763 of 41,125
Gratz Pettnolf! I wish I could do such a big jump with the upgrade since I am positive 009 would be the end game for me (until Stax releases something better) but I just can't afford it, sadly.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #7,765 of 41,125
Pettnolf
LOL, we not only have partly same rig (WooAudio GES, SR-009, WooAudio Stand), but even my mouse is the same is yours 
biggrin.gif

Congratulation, hope you like yours SR-009 + GES as much as I like mine 
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #7,767 of 41,125
My mind is slightly boggled at what some of you guys call "modest"... 

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #7,768 of 41,125
Posted this in another forum, figured it qualifies here as my system has changed.  Got a new rack for the equipment.  Pulled it out of an old theatre near my house along with the amps on the bottom.

Preamp (gold), McCurdy transformer coupled interstage (grey amp and headphone amp), Norther Electric 4045C transformer coupled output amplifiers.  One was still on when I found it!  Still need some shelves for the DAC and tuner, but it's getting there.

Top of rack.

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #7,769 of 41,125
Quote:
Pettnolf
LOL, we not only have partly same rig (WooAudio GES, SR-009, WooAudio Stand), but even my mouse is the same is yours 
biggrin.gif

Congratulation, hope you like yours SR-009 + GES as much as I like mine 
beerchug.gif

Thanks! It's by far the best i've heard. Much better than HD800 which was the second best i've heard before SR-009.

Rediscovering music right now.

Haha that is just awesome that we have almost the same rig!

It's a great mouse also. Great minds think alike :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back