Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #7,261 of 41,120
Quote:
Guess what the "girlfriend" is
tongue.gif

Lulz :D

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #7,264 of 41,120
Just finished relocating to Alabama and I don't yet have my Woo stands unpacked (hence the lack of headphones in this photo), but currently my can collection (minus a few odds and ends that are still packed away) is hanging on two makeshift racks (made from metal piping and bubble wrap) shoved between my couch and my wall. It's not pretty, so I decided to share this most recent photograph of my bedroom speaker setup:

Those little Mission 771s back quite an audio punch for their size and the price point they sold at thirteen years ago, and I'd still say they're quite competitive today. It's too bad that company is now an IAG subsidiary. They Missions are fed by a Sherwood RVD-6090R (the same receiver I drive most of my headphones straight out of) that gets its music either from the Sony CDP-C245 beneath it or my computer (complete with another DAC for overkill), which you can see a trace of in the unmentionable-brand cable coming out of the front input (the Monster 1/8" to RCA is the only cable of its type I have, and I'm out of RCA to RCA cables to plug into the back of my uDAC2 because I have three setups throughout the house at the moment). I only own one record player and decided to use it in my living room setup, so I'm without any vinyl sound in this room. That's fine though, because my CD collection and Live Music Archive downloads are enough to keep me company in here.

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #7,265 of 41,120
Quote:
In addition to the HD650,I have now a LCD2 Rev1.
Also running the Eastern Electric DAC with the tube in, as it gives a warm touch to the SS Phoenix amp.

This got lost a few pages back. Great setup with equipment that's not simply the go-to.

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #7,268 of 41,120
Thanks guys!
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #7,269 of 41,120
Quote:
Just finished relocating to Alabama and I don't yet have my Woo stands unpacked (hence the lack of headphones in this photo), but currently my can collection (minus a few odds and ends that are still packed away) is hanging on two makeshift racks (made from metal piping and bubble wrap) shoved between my couch and my wall. It's not pretty, so I decided to share this most recent photograph of my bedroom speaker setup:

Those little Mission 771s back quite an audio punch for their size and the price point they sold at thirteen years ago, and I'd still say they're quite competitive today. It's too bad that company is now an IAG subsidiary. They Missions are fed by a Sherwood RVD-6090R (the same receiver I drive most of my headphones straight out of) that gets its music either from the Sony CDP-C245 beneath it or my computer (complete with another DAC for overkill), which you can see a trace of in the unmentionable-brand cable coming out of the front input (the Monster 1/8" to RCA is the only cable of its type I have, and I'm out of RCA to RCA cables to plug into the back of my uDAC2 because I have three setups throughout the house at the moment). I only own one record player and decided to use it in my living room setup, so I'm without any vinyl sound in this room. That's fine though, because my CD collection and Live Music Archive downloads are enough to keep me company in here.

Nice to see a pair of mission speakers !
My dad owns a pair of Mission 731's, they sound pretty good, but when it comes to vocals, IMO, nothing beats the Rogers LS3/5a

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #7,272 of 41,120
Jul 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #7,274 of 41,120
Latest iteration...new can and a Woo Audio stand.

The Shures are a real treat to listen to right now...going to wait until the "new car smell" wears off before jotting down impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back