Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #7,231 of 41,120
Quote:
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.

I would have ordered one if they had kept the firewire interface from the original Duet, as I didn't want to have my digital music coming in from HDD and going out to DAC with the same bus (USB). But they changed the Duet2 to USB, because I guess it's still a Windows world after all.
But no worries, now my music library is on my Drobo, cruising in via firewire 800
gs1000.gif

That is a sweet-looking little laptop setup though HiFiGuy528, congrats!
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #7,233 of 41,120
Quote:
How are you liking them? Any good?

Quote:
How are the Pro's, I had the studio's, but they are to over bassed and to overprised.

Please take a look at the BeatsPro thread.  I don't want to derail this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/618474/first-look-at-the-new-revised-beats-by-dr-dre-beatspro-headphones-unboxing-video-impressions-to-come

The Duet 2 is worth the money in performance.  I too love the simple one box listening setup.  Everything is at arm's reach.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #7,235 of 41,120
Quote:

I was looking at that DAC.  How do you like it?  Are you using the SE or the Balanced config.

Single End, I find it really makes the highs shine while still allowing the bass to be present and punchy.  It performs extremely well for the price.  I love it!

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #7,236 of 41,120
I would have ordered one if they had kept the firewire interface from the original Duet, as I didn't want to have my digital music coming in from HDD and going out to DAC with the same bus (USB). But they changed the Duet2 to USB, because it's still a Windows world after all.
But no worries, now my music library is on my Drobo, cruising in via firewire 800 :gs1000smile:

:beerchug:

As far as I know the Duet 2 is still Mac only. I've been thinking about getting one for portable use with my MBP along with a Signature Pro. It could be used as a standalone balanced DAC too.

The only thing stopping me is the breakaway cables for recording. I just think it's an odd design...

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #7,239 of 41,120
My humble, bad shooted pictures of my home-office:

The Bottlehead Crack is on a loaner:

A wider view:

And I can chill out by listening my favorite music and the view from my window:

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #7,241 of 41,120
Quote:

Nice setup. I like how it's in the corner, and the view is nice. How're you liking the Bottlehead Crack?

Thank you!. The Crack is a really nice amp for the HD650. The bass is deep and the mids are lovely. I use it for jazz and classic rock listening. I must say that it's still stock (no tube upgrades, nor speedball). For classical listening I prefer the FUN.

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #7,242 of 41,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But they changed the Duet2 to USB, because I guess it's still a Windows world after all.

Quote:
As far as I know the Duet 2 is still Mac only. I've been thinking about getting one for portable use with my MBP along with a Signature Pro. It could be used as a standalone balanced DAC too.

The only thing stopping me is the breakaway cables for recording. I just think it's an odd design...

Whoops, thanks, fixed. Surprising though if that's the case. Maybe the Duet3 will be Thunderbolt!

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #7,243 of 41,120
I would have ordered one if they had kept the firewire interface from the original Duet, as I didn't want to have my digital music coming in from HDD and going out to DAC with the same bus (USB). But they changed the Duet2 to USB, because I guess it's still a Windows world after all.
But no worries, now my music library is on my Drobo, cruising in via firewire 800 :gs1000smile:

:beerchug:

windows utilizes firewire/IEEE just as well as mac. it depends all on your motherboard or laptop that supports a IEEE/firewire connector. lot of motherboards nowadays i believe uses a texas instrument chip for IEEE but of course you can always change it to legacy to have bit more control if you need to on certain software or if you're not lucky enough to have a texas instrument host controller.

if you want something like the duet, try echo. echo uses the same texas instrument converters as apogee and RME uses. has good software support as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back