Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6,061 of 41,103
Quote:
Currently in-session with Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chaser "Live" (club unknown) streaming from Paris M2 Radio... 
wink.gif

Awesome.

Beautiful looking tray; audio ensemble. Just went to her site, more beauty to see. However, if you're using your Mac mini as a music server, you may wanna revisit using the tray to improve sonics.

Thanks.  And maybe it does improve sonics.  
smile.gif

May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #6,062 of 41,103
I didn't think that I'd have the heart to do it but I've replaced my Leben CS300XS with a CS600; and I am happier for it.

May 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #6,064 of 41,103
It keeps happening...

My spending plan file literally reads 'Leben CS600, Zu Omen Speakers'

How big a step up is the 600? It doubles the power for more speaker choices. Any headphone improvements? Really trying to decide if almost double the price is worth it.

EDIT: God I want one...

Quote:
I didn't think that I'd have the heart to do it but I've replaced my Leben CS300XS with a CS600; and I am happier for it.

May 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #6,065 of 41,103
Quote:

I am now officially and seethingly jealous.
How is the CS600 with the Zu Omens?

May 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #6,066 of 41,103
just got my omens in a couple weeks ago.  they're a really nice step up in lower-mid/upper-bass performance from my previous speakers (horns from the horn shoppe).  plus they look gorgeous (mine are the black walnut finish).

May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #6,067 of 41,103
and how do you like it over the ZD?
Quote:
It keeps happening...

My spending plan file literally reads 'Leben CS600, Zu Omen Speakers'

How big a step up is the 600? It doubles the power for more speaker choices. Any headphone improvements? Really trying to decide if almost double the price is worth it.

EDIT: God I want one...

May 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #6,069 of 41,103
Quote:

Just to add to the list of opinions, I think the EC amps look good, Woo too, but the LF looks like a gamer's custom PC to me.  Never seen one in person though, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.  The LCD-3 is another thing that looked much better in person to me than it did in pics.

I just love the way people integrate art into their rigs.  I need to find a nice sculpture or two, maybe some rocks, make it more creative.  More audio altar.

In person the LF is quite good looking (and sonically boy does it bring the goods). That said, I've never been a fan of any of the EC amps looks wise. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

May 14, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #6,070 of 41,103
Quote:

Despite having to peer through late night low level fog and 50 degree temps, 
wink_face.gif
 it looks good from the East Bay. Congrats on the upgrade! By-the-way, I really could use an audio rack like you've assembled. I'm fast running out of real estate in my sized-for-Tokyo listening room... (iow small!)

May 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #6,071 of 41,103
Patiently awaiting my Audiolab MDAC and Audio-GD DI-DSP and PSU.
should have them both by the end of the month (Fingers crossed).

Still have to decide on what balanced amp to go with to pair with the MDAC.
So far im thinking either Schiit Mjolnir, Bryston BHA-1, or Little Dot VI+.

what would you guys suggest around the $750-1400 price range for balanced?

anyways, heres my rig as it is now, interestingly i prefer the Audio-GD C2-SA to the JDS O2 (with LCD2v2), but thats probably because i love bass and the C2-SA is slighly warm.

May 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #6,073 of 41,103

HD800s in the house ya'll. Work in 2 hours (unfortunately) but these things are blowing my mind so far. My LCD 2s definitely still have a place in this system, but talk about complimentary cans. Wow. Worth the wait.

May 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #6,074 of 41,103
Thanks, everyone.

This really is a great sounding system. The Zu Omens perform incredibly well and seem to be a perfect match for the Leben CS600, IMO. Even with the volume level set low, with music at its minimum and still audibly enjoyable, the bass response is full, the mids are there and the highs are very clear.

May 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #6,075 of 41,103
Did you get to try them with the CS300X, too?

Quote:
Thanks, everyone.

This really is a great sounding system. The Zu Omens perform incredibly well and seem to be a perfect match for the Leben CS600, IMO. Even with the volume level set low, with music at its minimum and still audibly enjoyable, the bass response is full, the mids are there and the highs are very clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back