Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #5,716 of 41,050

Quote:
The Coke Bottle is probably my favorite. Purple and Blue probably tie for second. Green is another good one. Then again...Colored vinyl is just sexy.

I just recently got into vinyl, i made my first purchase a few days back (Fleet Foxes Helplessness Blues, double heavy vinyl), i don't even have a TD yet. I feel kinda silly saying this, but i think you guys headfiers will understand my disease.

i'm currently drolling for this: 

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #5,717 of 41,050
Your mmf 2.2 is beautiful, brokenthumb! My humble Technics is no match for sexiness but it sounds pretty damn good. I just received my KAB TD-1200 damper. I am convinced tone arm fluid damping is a gift from the gods... I shall post pictures in a bit. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #5,718 of 41,050

Not quite the looker but I lover her just the same. Had to show off my new Bill Evans 10" I got on Record Store Day!

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #5,719 of 41,050
that's a nice looking piece of vinyl there.  i got a small stack of stuff on record store day too (in line at 6:45am woo!) ... the problem is that i sold my turntable the day before.  i also had an m3d, but decided that i want to try a belt drive instead.  i'm getting one of the new pro-ject debut carbon tables once they start shipping, so i'm sans-table for a few weeks.

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #5,720 of 41,050

Quote:
that's a nice looking piece of vinyl there.  i got a small stack of stuff on record store day too (in line at 6:45am woo!) ... the problem is that i sold my turntable the day before.  i also had an m3d, but decided that i want to try a belt drive instead.  i'm getting one of the new pro-ject debut carbon tables once they start shipping, so i'm sans-table for a few weeks.

Let us know how the new Pro-ject compares to your old MD3. I love the simplicity and ease of use of the SL-1200 line. Changing VTA on the fly awesome!

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #5,721 of 41,050
Interested to hear about the Carbon as I'm looking into getting it as a table in between buying my Nottingham. 

Quote:

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #5,726 of 41,050
Here is my workplace rig assembled with the help of much head-fi lurking.  HD650 and Nuforce HDP for when I am sitting at the desk (connected via USB to a computer running iTunes and Spotify, and toslink to a Pure i20 dock).  SR60i (my first foray into Grados, purchased last week) and SE210s for when I'm working in the lab (or want a change of style).  And a Fiio E11 (also purchased last week) connected to an ipod classic for portable use.

(and yes my cell phone camera is terrible)

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #5,727 of 41,050

Quote:
Here is my workplace rig assembled with the help of much head-fi lurking.  HD650 and Nuforce HDP for when I am sitting at the desk (connected via USB to a computer running iTunes and Spotify, and toslink to a Pure i20 dock).  SR60i (my first foray into Grados, purchased last week) and SE210s for when I'm working in the lab (or want a change of style).  And a Fiio E11 (also purchased last week) connected to an ipod classic for portable use.

Great choice on the Pure i20 dock...I use that thing all the time...I love having it around. Welcome to the Grado club, btw...the 60s and 80s are two of the craziest values in audio! :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back