Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #5,581 of 41,136

This is my bedroom audio setup. My computer is off to the left.

Equipment:
Computer -> Moon 100D DAC (via SPDIF, pictured to the left of the headphones) 
NAD C375BEE integrated amp -> Totem Rainmaker speakers
Little Dot MKIII headphone amp -> Shure SRH940 headphones

I also have a pair of Grado 325is, and I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic dt-880's (600 ohm) literally 5 minutes ago. I'm hoping the 880's are to my liking. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5,582 of 41,136

Quote:
They're Dayton speaker spikes and can be found here: Dayton Audio DSS4-BK Black Speaker Spike Set 4 Pcs. 240-717   I'm using Rubber Calk so I can easily install/remove different footers while experimenting. The Mac normally sits on TriAbsorbers, pictured underneath the spikes of the amp, that too, is just an experiment. Trying different combos to see which sonic presentation will prove enjoyable to listen to.

No plans on drilling into the Mac, but the Epoxy idea sounds appealing if I stay with the spikes. Thanks, wilky61...

Thank you!

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #5,584 of 41,136
I'm jealous of your Squeezebox Touch.  That's my next purchase.  Are you using it with a NAS hooked up to your router?  Its getting to be a real pain in the arse to use my computer just to listen to music.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #5,587 of 41,136

Quote:
The sonics are really good, but don't top other dynamics like the T1 and the HD800. The PS1000's on par with the HD800 and T1, but have a much less price to performance ratio. For $1400 (or even as low as $1000 for the T1), you can get something almost as good, with even better characteristics, like the HD800 or the T1. The $1695 price tag is way too much, as I'd put it around $1000 for pure sonics. Once you take into consideration Grado's very poor build quality, fit, and comfort, the value goes down a lot. Only about $800 to $900, if even that.

I understand the comfort issue, especially with the weighty metal housing of the PS1000, but I have found their build quality to be very good even in the lower models like the SR60 and SR80.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #5,588 of 41,136
Here's a quick pic of my current setup:

I love how the HD 800 matches the laptop's colour scheme; that's the REAL reason I wanna keep the HD 800. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #5,590 of 41,136

Quote:
What stand is your MBP on? I'm looking for a decent one for my new baby.

It's a 'Just Mobile Xtand Pro.' I bought it from the Apple store online a few years back, but I just checked on the site and couldn't see it. It's probably still in production though.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #5,591 of 41,136

Quote:
Austin Morrow: I have my eyes set on PS1000. Was out of stock and got words this afternoon that it is  back in stock.  This is not helping 
frown.gif

Listen for yourself, brother...he has no idea what you'll like and dislike. You can find those with positive and negative opinions about every headphone on the planet...all that matters is what sounds best to you. And there is nothing wrong with Grado build quality...I've researched this issue since I first came on this site last year, and it's total bunk. Grado products have no higher rate of failure than any other company's headphone line. I love my T1s and am pretty much infatuated with their comfort, but my Grado 80s and 325s are built equally as solid and get just as much head time as my T1s do. I fall asleep with either the T1s or 325s on my head nearly every night.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,592 of 41,136
I wish I could sleep in headphones...

Quote:
Listen for yourself, brother...he has no idea what you'll like and dislike. You can find those with positive and negative opinions about every headphone on the planet...all that matters is what sounds best to you. And there is nothing wrong with Grado build quality...I've researched this issue since I first came on this site last year, and it's total bunk. Grado products have no higher rate of failure than any other company's headphone line. I love my T1s and am pretty much infatuated with their comfort, but my Grado 80s and 325s are built equally as solid and get just as much head time as my T1s do. I fall asleep with either the T1s or 325s on my head nearly every night.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #5,593 of 41,136

Quote:

This is my bedroom audio setup. My computer is off to the left.

Equipment:
Computer -> Moon 100D DAC (via SPDIF, pictured to the left of the headphones) 
NAD C375BEE integrated amp -> Totem Rainmaker speakers
Little Dot MKIII headphone amp -> Shure SRH940 headphones

I also have a pair of Grado 325is, and I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic dt-880's (600 ohm) literally 5 minutes ago. I'm hoping the 880's are to my liking. 

You have excellent taste! :) 

I've always thought that Totem speakers were some of the sharpest looking on the market...not to mention they sound great. Like you, I'm a Beyerdynamic and Grado guy, and very happy with my Little Dot amp, as well. Good luck with the 880s...and don't forget that if they aren't quite your cup of tea, the T1s are waiting for you with open arms (haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back