Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 17, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #5,521 of 41,123
a little post-easter update

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #5,522 of 41,123

Quote:
a little post-easter update

I zoom in and see Meshuggah Koloss (on a white iPad) 
confused.gif
 was not expecting that lol.

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #5,523 of 41,123
Apr 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #5,525 of 41,123
Quote:

Is there someone who has a d5000. if so. What amp can you recommend? Im thinkin about to test the yulong u100

If you can find an AV123 x-head that works well, it's a bargain and sounds great with the D5000, I like it way better than my WA22 with that headphone.

Quote:

Oh, I just saw by looking on the incoice: today it's the 8th year I bought the HD600.

Happy anniversary
beerchug.gif
!

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #5,527 of 41,123

Quote:
I zoom in and see Meshuggah Koloss (on a white iPad) 
confused.gif
 was not expecting that lol.

Hehe, I love Meshuggah, and that has nothing to do with them being from my hometown :)

I'm using the squeezebox touch as a digital transport for all my cd's (converted to flac) and then using the new ipad with the iPeng app as the remote. Loving it compared to the iphone, since the fantastic screen resolution translates really well for the album art.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #5,528 of 41,123

Quote:
Hehe, I love Meshuggah, and that has nothing to do with them being from my hometown :)

I'm using the squeezebox touch as a digital transport for all my cd's (converted to flac) and then using the new ipad with the iPeng app as the remote. Loving it compared to the iphone, since the fantastic screen resolution translates really well for the album art.

What an awesome setup!  I bet that would look pretty impressive with the iPad as remote control (makes me wonder how much loner those expensive universal remotes have left to live.)  I too am a big fan of Meshuggah, seeing them live was a mind blowing experience, having them in the same town must have its advantages.  Those speakers (and your living room generally) look very nice, which make/model are they?

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #5,530 of 41,123

Quote:
What an awesome setup!  I bet that would look pretty impressive with the iPad as remote control (makes me wonder how much loner those expensive universal remotes have left to live.)  I too am a big fan of Meshuggah, seeing them live was a mind blowing experience, having them in the same town must have its advantages.  Those speakers (and your living room generally) look very nice, which make/model are they?

Thanks, and yeah I agree about universal remotes. Logitech has started to transition though, they are releasing new products now with an iphone app that makes you able to use the app as a remote for everything that uses IR. There's a reciever that connects to your router that gets the wifi signal from the iphone and converts it to IR. Not sure how necessary this will be since many manufacturers are already making products with smartphone apps included, but it's good to see Logitech trying to broaden their range.

The speakers are german, Quadral Platinum ultra 9, and I'm powering them with a Harman Kardon HK990 with a Benchmark dac1 (which also is used for the headphone amps). They're very nice and suits my preferences, although not at all high-end by any means. Meshuggah is a very visceral experience at high volumes :)

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #5,531 of 41,123
Some small updates in my setup... Added new tubes to the CSP2 and a Sony MDR-Z1000. Also, sad as it is, decided that the HD600 will replace the T1...

Quote:

Just wondering, how responsive is the iPad when using it to control the SB Touch? I've been thinking about getting a used iPad 2 as a remote for my Touch, but considering how sluggish it is to control via my Android phone, I'm hesitating...

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #5,532 of 41,123

Quote:
Some small updates in my setup... Added new tubes to the CSP2 and a Sony MDR-Z1000. Also, sad as it is, decided that the HD600 will replace the T1...

Just wondering, how responsive is the iPad when using it to control the SB Touch? I've been thinking about getting a used iPad 2 as a remote for my Touch, but considering how sluggish it is to control via my Android phone, I'm hesitating...

Hmm, well I first used an older ipod touch 3rd gen as a remote, and the app was definately a bit laggy, but after I got an iphone 4S and later on, the new ipad, I've had no problems whatsoever with responsiveness with the ipeng app. I would say go for it, with the pricedrop, the ipad 2 is a steal if you get the smaller model.

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #5,533 of 41,123

Quote:

Hmm, well I first used an older ipod touch 3rd gen as a remote, and the app was definately a bit laggy, but after I got an iphone 4S and later on, the new ipad, I've had no problems whatsoever with responsiveness with the ipeng app. I would say go for it, with the pricedrop, the ipad 2 is a steal if you get the smaller model.

That's good to know, thanks!

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #5,535 of 41,123
These are called the "Omega" headphone stands, made by Sieveking Sound, see http://www.sieveking-sound.de/equipment/detail/id/16

They look great, but I'm afraid they could possibly flatten the earpads over time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back