Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #5,296 of 41,118

Quote:
Well, i've just entered the audiophile world half a year ago so, sorry if these are not very good descriptions. Through my ears the treble on the HE-500 is more sparkly with more energy, and if there are acoustic instruments such as a guitar, the instruments are more 'alive' than the LCD-2 , although the soundstage and imaging on the LCD is a tad better. The mids on the HE-500 is a bit thicker, but i prefer LCD's as its more sweeter. On the bass section there's no beating LCD as its a monster, but the bass on HE-500 is pretty good too except for its sub bass. 

hmmm and nope, you explaned it quite well. and when i have trouble describing sound, i see it as a sort of puzzle. describing sound is like solving a crime, you have all this evidence which leads to ideas and thoughts based on past experiences and events. you have different leads and clues you find, and you have many different people telling the the story, you just have to put it together 
tongue.gif

well thanks for the comparison! 

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #5,298 of 41,118

Quote:
Fluttershy > Rarity

I'll admit that Rarity isn't my favorite, Rainbow Dash is (although not recently). But Rarity was one of the better looking toys. Rainbow Dash's colors were all messed up
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #5,299 of 41,118

hahahaha thanks for the compliment, kinda true what you said about solving crimes and stuff. Though for me when i read the description of different sounds, i just imagine it inside my mind.
Quote:

hmmm and nope, you explaned it quite well. and when i have trouble describing sound, i see it as a sort of puzzle. describing sound is like solving a crime, you have all this evidence which leads to ideas and thoughts based on past experiences and events. you have different leads and clues you find, and you have many different people telling the the story, you just have to put it together 
tongue.gif

well thanks for the comparison! 

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #5,302 of 41,118
That's a pretty nice setup for a someone new to Head-Fi.

Quote:
new to this forum(and to the whole *good music gear thing*)

HD800-Musical Fidelity V Dac II-Trafomatic Head One-Computer(with cheap interconnects and usb for now)

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #5,306 of 41,118

Quote:
Just updated my space for a bit more convenience.  Since I don't have a remote, the pre & CD are beside me now.  My Q701's are hanging safely from a bath hook mounted to the underside of the table.  I need to make a stand instead of having them stacked, but that's a project in the near future.  The stack is (from the bottom up) Sunfire Tubed Control Center (pre), NAD 525Bee CDP, and Maverick D1.  The notebook feeds lossless Itunes, Pandora and Spotify, and the Maverick is connected to the pre as a source so I can play the same steaming audio thru my Vandersteen 2's on the front end.  The Sunfire is connected to a Carver TFM45 amp also. It's nice to not have to get up to change a CD or adjust the volume. 

That's a really good spot to lay back and listen to some goods tunes.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #5,307 of 41,118

Quote:
Or to end.  Crazy rig man!

and i got this amp for less than 500$
smily_headphones1.gif
pretty big upgrade from my SR80-uDAC-Computer that I had before.
seriously I don't think I can upgrade to any better rig in the future. I just need some good interconnects\usb cable, and maybe to change the VDAC power supply, heard it does good things to it..

Now I just need some other phones for Metal music, HD800 don't sound good with this genre.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #5,308 of 41,118

Quote:
seriously I don't think I can upgrade to any better rig in the future

That's the first thing a Head-Fi'er says before an upgrade.  Good luck, you have a really nice set up.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #5,310 of 41,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmaVander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I just need some other phones for Metal music, HD800 don't sound good with this genre.

Beyerdynamic T1.

also they have a bit more bass so they work better for other genres as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back