Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #4,802 of 41,120

Quote:
We should just redesign all of our cities so that you don't need a car to get everywhere, haha.

HMMMM, or we could invent a system of public transportation and call it a bus.... MUHAHAHAHA!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #4,803 of 41,120
All I'm saying is, our cities are built around a network of roads, which necessitates the use of cars to get anywhere. It doesn't make any sense at all if you think about it. Better yet, let's have efficient design and public transportation. And free hifi for everybody. Fwohoho! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #4,805 of 41,120

Quote:
This is it at its current state.
Run down:
Sager NP8662 (notebook on the left side) -> Audio-GD FUN -> JH13
Main Rig (PC) -> NI Komplete Audio 6 -> KRK VXT8 + M-Audio SBX10
                                                        -> Sennheiser HD555

How do you like your monitors setup like that? It looks cool and space saving but how is it productivity wise?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #4,806 of 41,120
I ride a motorcycle year round, way cheaper than a car.

Office:

Listening/Reading area rig awaiting Thunderpants:

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4,808 of 41,120

Nice iMac, what screen size is it?
Quote:
My new setup: Flac--> amarra -->  benchmark dac1 pre --> Focal cms 50 nearfield monitors. The 650's are still here

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #4,813 of 41,120

Quote:
That's a great set of cans you got there! How do you like them and what are you running out of?

Currently I just have it hooked up to E10 and flac from my pc. Might consider getting the O2 amp in the future because the E10 can't drive them very loud. I listen to a lot of classical recordings, which have naturally much lower volume than most "modern" stuff. 

So far it's great, very analytic sound compared to my Grado but I'm starting to like it. I bought them from Studio Economik in Montreal for the great price they had.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #4,814 of 41,120

Quote:

Currently I just have it hooked up to E10 and flac from my pc. Might consider getting the O2 amp in the future because the E10 can't drive them very loud. I listen to a lot of classical recordings, which have naturally much lower volume than most "modern" stuff. 

So far it's great, very analytic sound compared to my Grado but I'm starting to like it. I bought them from Studio Economik in Montreal for the great price they had.

Glad you like them!

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #4,815 of 41,120

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe you don't have a car because you spend it all on audio stuff??
wink.gif

This is pretty much me also - probably spend around 6 grand on audio gear in the last year, no money for car, laptop, or any other mundane necessities that don't improve sound quality.

In the last month I have spent $405 on earpads alone which I can't recoup as I have modified them for use on HifiMan earphones
confused_face(1).gif
  Nowdays I only use the Audez'e vegan's anyway as these are the least resonant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back