Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #4,637 of 41,119

Quote:
Having a little showdown at my house.  [Thanks to T-Money for the HD800 loaner]

I didn't realize the HD800s were so big.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #4,640 of 41,119
Quote:
Is the challenger winning any points at the moment?

On weight & comfort, treble presence (which is a double-edged sword) and maybe by a hair in imaging.  Quick A/Bs are revealing the LCD-2s, in a word, sound more "real."  Every instrument with proper timbre.  Every voice natural.  Proper sonic weight.  They're both very good.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #4,646 of 41,119

Quote:
Thanks. Trying to keep it simple, but I have a thing for black and white. I'm considering trading off the HA-160DS for a LCD-2. 
wink.gif

If you get LCD-2s, I have a feeling the Burson would be sorely missed...

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #4,648 of 41,119
Quote:
The difference in detail retrieval should be pretty obvious.

Hearing a bit of that, I don't think it's actual detail retrieval though, rather just more high frequency detail due to the tonal balance, and a more spacious stage to lay everything out in.  Will confirm.

Quote:
Surprised Soundstage wasn't mentioned yet.

The x or z axis isn't startlingly bigger than the LCD-2, but the y axis definitely is.  That y axis makes the HD800 feel more like a room filled with sound, which is nice.

I'm still yet to go through the gamut of hi-res, low-res songs, different genres, raw without crossfeed, with cross feed engaged, etcetera.  I think I may put up my thoughts in a separate thread after I get the HE-500...and possibly an Audiophilleo in the mix.

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #4,650 of 41,119
how is the HE-500 compared to the HD650 hooked up with the Lyr? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back