Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #4,336 of 41,123
^ nice ultrazino, how do you like the new philips?

-M

I like them a lot! Very pleasant sound, warm with great soundstage. Open enough for home use, isolates enough for portable use.

The Philips is great if you want it simple. Leightweight and comfortable, I never feel like not picking it up.

If you have a specific sound signature you prefer, or an headphone that fares extremely well in one field, then you will probably prefer an alternative. I have yet to find a headphone that is as harmonic and well thought out, though.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #4,337 of 41,123
Quote:
For a couple weeks I now I have archived the new images posted in this thread, as well as a few others on head-fi, on my Tumblr.
I would love some feedback.
To any one interested, here is the link.

Nice!  Much better than having to read the in betweens on this thread.  

You might want to check our recent meet impressions thread out, some decent rigs and very nice photos there.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4,338 of 41,123

Quote:
That's a very nice set up.  Would love to see more of the room.

I have no real shot of my living room, but here's something I took the other day with the crappy phone camera. Most of the stuff is hidden inside the furniture! sorry about the cables, I just bought a new TV, I haven't had time to get a cable list yet!

considering your avatar, I would assume you would approve of this shot containing some of the assorted movies I have :)

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #4,340 of 41,123
So what model is it? I might wanna buy it. Good enough to be driven out of a smartphone/ipod? (Samsung Focus and Zune, maybe ipod classic later)

Quote:
I like them a lot! Very pleasant sound, warm with great soundstage. Open enough for home use, isolates enough for portable use.
The Philips is great if you want it simple. Leightweight and comfortable, I never feel like not picking it up.
If you have a specific sound signature you prefer, or an headphone that fares extremely well in one field, then you will probably prefer an alternative. I have yet to find a headphone that is as harmonic and well thought out, though.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #4,341 of 41,123

Quote:
For a couple weeks I now I have archived the new images posted in this thread, as well as a few others on head-fi, on my Tumblr.
I would love some feedback.
To any one interested, here is the link.

Hmm, the pic you've used for my setup (I have a newer one, that's less bad) shows the NFB-2 , not DAC-19, and my ATH-CKM99 is in the pic too.

Nice compilation by the way.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4,342 of 41,123
Nice looking speakers man!

Also, are those some Japanese Dreamcast games I see in the CD rack? The ones with the orange and white spines?

Quote:

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #4,343 of 41,123

That is just gorgeous!  And with a small collage of THE Audrey Hepburn!  JUST AMAZINGLY AWESOME +1,000!! 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Took a pic of my new favorite:

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #4,345 of 41,123

Rack:

Top to bottom:
Blue Hawaii amp
Sennheiser HEV90 Orpheus
Blue Hawaii PSU / Dayton speaker amp
Menace amp
Menace PSU
Accuphase DP 75

Headphones:

Top to bottom, left to right:
HE90 / HE90 / SR009 / R10 / R10
4070 / SR Omega / SR Omega / HE60 / SR007mk1
SR 5 / SR Lambda Signature / Thunderpants / SR Sigma / SR Lambda

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #4,348 of 41,123

eek.gif
MOTHER OF GOD, I tip my hat to you sir, very nice!!
Quote:

Rack:

Top to bottom:
Blue Hawaii amp
Sennheiser HEV90 Orpheus
Blue Hawaii PSU / Dayton speaker amp
Menace amp
Menace PSU
Accuphase DP 75

Headphones:

Top to bottom, left to right:
HE90 / HE90 / SR009 / R10 / R10