Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #4,291 of 41,132
Thanks for the the comments! It has been a great place to unwind.

Quote:
Totally agree there!  The lighting is excellent and the place looks amazingly comfortable and gorgeous!  Just out of curiosity, is that an Ikea Expedit desk?

It is, I have another in our guest room. Great value, and exactly what I needed.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #4,293 of 41,132
Hey Zombie-X, how do the Auditor and the Violectric V800 sound together? I've got a Phonitor and have been thinking about upgrading my DAC for a while now, and the V800 has been one of my top choices. I'm working with limited room, and pretty much every review I've stumbled across raves about how much quality is squeezed into such a relatively small unit. Plus I think it looks just peachy. ^^

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4,294 of 41,132
I think the is a great pairing. The ADC is super transparent and detailed just as my Auditor is, and also should be with the Phonitor. It should be quite a step up above your Micro DAC in every way, in fact it may stomp it. The sound between them should have a pretty big gap. Another plus is you get to go fully balanced. This gives you lower noise floor as well as an overall cleaner sound.

I think you should hit Robert up from Aphrodite Cu29 and get a unit to demo, he should be very accommodating. He let me borrow both the V800 DAC and the V200 at the same time.

Quote:
Hey Zombie-X, how do the Auditor and the Violectric V800 sound together? I've got a Phonitor and have been thinking about upgrading my DAC for a while now, and the V800 has been one of my top choices. I'm working with limited room, and pretty much every review I've stumbled across raves about how much quality is squeezed into such a relatively small unit. Plus I think it looks just peachy. ^^

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #4,295 of 41,132
Boy, now I'm all excited. ^^ Exactly what my wallet did not want to hear.

Quote:
I think the is a great pairing. The ADC is super transparent and detailed just as my Auditor is, and also should be with the Phonitor. It should be quite a step up above your Micro DAC in every way, in fact it may stomp it. The sound between them should have a pretty big gap. Another plus is you get to go fully balanced. This gives you lower noise floor as well as an overall cleaner sound.

I think you should hit Robert up from Aphrodite Cu29 and get a unit to demo, he should be very accommodating. He let me borrow both the V800 DAC and the V200 at the same time.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #4,296 of 41,132
Check out my review of the V800, and sorry about your wallet man!

Quote:
Boy, now I'm all excited. ^^ Exactly what my wallet did not want to hear.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #4,297 of 41,132

Quote:
Thanks for the the comments! It has been a great place to unwind.

It is, I have another in our guest room. Great value, and exactly what I needed.

Wow, I didn't even recognize that desk and I'm using one right now (attached to the 4 square wide bookcase though).  That space just looks so amazing it completely outclasses the space mine is in, haha.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #4,298 of 41,132
Good review. I think I know what my next major purchase will be.

Quote:
Check out my review of the V800, and sorry about your wallet man!

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #4,300 of 41,132

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back