Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #3,556 of 41,119

Quote:
Felt the urge to rearrange my setup today
biggrin.gif

This is the result:

I likey.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,558 of 41,119
Jan 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3,560 of 41,119
^Interesting setup.  I do have a question though.  Is it possible to hook up a record player to a tube amp like a Little Dot?  If so, is it something worth a shot or is it pointless?

You could use it as a pre-amp, but a record player still needs to go through a phono amp, it adds a special eq needed for vinyl to sound normal. In that case though you might as well get yourself a phono tube amp.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #3,562 of 41,119
Okay, so updated a few things. Mainly production/dj gear, but the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (shiney red audio interface) makes a SUPER good DAC, far superior to my E10 or Essence ST. Apologies for the dumb phone pic quality, someone seems to have hijacked my camera... oh and I need a new desk quite badly, its a getting a little crowded :p

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #3,567 of 41,119
They are the infamous Yamaha HS50M, epic tools for production! They match perfectly with my white background (which contains black text), and my black+white foobar :) and thanks Dubstep Girl! Works well indeed :) Just got the interface in the mail today, for a shocking $120 new.

Quote:
Agreed.
Im loving the white cones of the monitors. What monitors are those?

They aren't exactly "hi-fi" speakers, and are EXTREMELY unforgiving, but the statement does hold true: If you can make your mix sound good on the Yamahas, then they will sound good on any source (that isn't broken or cheap). I recommend them!

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #3,569 of 41,119

Quote:
They are the infamous Yamaha HS50M, epic tools for production! They match perfectly with my white background (which contains black text), and my black+white foobar :) and thanks Dubstep Girl! Works well indeed :) Just got the interface in the mail today, for a shocking $120 new.

They aren't exactly "hi-fi" speakers, and are EXTREMELY unforgiving, but the statement does hold true: If you can make your mix sound good on the Yamahas, then they will sound good on any source (that isn't broken or cheap). I recommend them!

unforgiving as in extremely revealing then?

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #3,570 of 41,119

Ahh I've heard of the Yamaha NS10's, so i know what you are talking about. Well thanks for making my wallet cry, but they have become the next thing on my long list of things to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back