Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 6, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #1,292 of 41,119
Look Ma, no computer!

Heh.

Jun 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #1,293 of 41,119

Quote:
Look Ma, no computer!

Heh.

How's the SQ on that recording of the Prokofiev?  I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired. 

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #1,294 of 41,119
I like it O.K..  I was a leveller tonight, not a sharpener.  It do have low bass even on Q701 and Total Airhead.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #1,295 of 41,119

Awesome, sounds exactly what I need. Totaly over the top computer speakers with great flexibility. Pro gear is so awesome!
Quote:
Thanks! The A3X's are fairly analytical and detailed with very extended treble response and at low to medium volumes they very much enjoyable but high volumes it becomes difficult to listen to. But keep in mind they are near field monitors so they should really be enjoyed at low to medium volumes. The imaging with these speakers is highly dependant on their placement and positioning. I find the mids are actually very (emphasis on very) slightly recessed due to the emphasised treble (spoilt by the LCD-2 I guess) but overall they are very natural and effortless. With regards to bass, I find that they have a slight mid-bass hump when compared to the super tight LCD-2 bass and obviously don't go very deep (neither do most comparable monitors due to physical limitations)

I actually think the A3X have a lot in common with HE-6 which I listened to during the London meet. Their sound signature is very similar (extended treble, slightly recessed mids with the HE-6 handling deep bass better) and if I want to remind myself how the HE-6 sounded, I just turn my speakers on
biggrin.gif

Sorry to go off topic
redface.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #1,298 of 41,119
No worries.  There's plenty of good stuff below the LCD-2.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #1,301 of 41,119
I have the same dilemma, I badly want to do a large step up some time, but it costs money. And money is the one thing I don't have a lot of after I discovered I had both a PC enthusiast and an audiophile in me.
But then again, I am still only 16, so maybe it's a good idea to wait in any case before spending so much.

I personally would love an LCD-2, but the problem with that is that I would also have to upgrade my amplifier to support orthodynamics. I was think the Little Dot VI+ or the Schiit Lyr would be a fairly low priced amp that could do the job.
On the other hand if I would buy the Senn HD-800 or the Beyer T1, I do not immediately need to upgrade my amp, saving me money in the short (and maybe) long run.

RAAAAGE. This is so annoying, I am deciding what to get next when I just spent all my money a couple weeks ago on a NFB-12. It will probably take me 6-12 months before I have anywhere near the money required to buy an LCD-2, or similar.

Damn this site, seriously, you have ruined my life.

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #1,303 of 41,119
This should do for a while. Anyone have any pictures of what should be next? (not that there aren't a few already mentioned in this thread)

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #1,305 of 41,119
I have the same dilemma, I badly want to do a large step up some time, but it costs money. And money is the one thing I don't have a lot of after I discovered I had both a PC enthusiast and an audiophile in me.
But then again, I am still only 16, so maybe it's a good idea to wait in any case before spending so much.

I personally would love an LCD-2, but the problem with that is that I would also have to upgrade my amplifier to support orthodynamics. I was think the Little Dot VI+ or the Schiit Lyr would be a fairly low priced amp that could do the job.
On the other hand if I would buy the Senn HD-800 or the Beyer T1, I do not immediately need to upgrade my amp, saving me money in the short (and maybe) long run.

RAAAAGE. This is so annoying, I am deciding what to get next when I just spent all my money a couple weeks ago on a NFB-12. It will probably take me 6-12 months before I have anywhere near the money required to buy an LCD-2, or similar.

Damn this site, seriously, you have ruined my life.

The nice thing about the LCD-2 is that they don't require nearly as much power as the HE-4/HE-5LE. They scale very well with better amps, but the lower power requirements of the Audez'e really opens up a lot of amp options. The Lyr does seem to be a favorite with the LCD-2s, though, so you definitely wouldn't go wrong if you decided to pick it up.

Back to the thread topic, I'm hopefully going to be working on a simple but efficient headphone stand for my LCD-2s this weekend. There are a few nice stands on ebay, but they're all way too expensive for something so simple. Once I get a bit of spare money next week, I'll have to grab a small set of shelves for all my new audio stuff and stick it next to my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back