Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 29, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #1,006 of 41,132
Green heatsink on udac was a passive heatsink i used to have on my asgard but i got rid of that and just ended up sticking it on the udac. it serves no purpose but is just there... I agree with the simple and covers all genre's. I listen to everything so this setup works great, from dubstep to classical :)  The m-stage drives both ad900 and tp great!       I also have a pair of hd201's and really dig them! sometimes i put them on just for a diff flavour. I have recabled myn with hd600 cable and drilled a small hole in the gray cup and covered it with transpore tape and got a better extension out of the bass. I really like them, perfect portables.   cheers all, M

Edit: and thank you jronan

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #1,007 of 41,132
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure how to feel about this...

Music starts at the source, headphones are nothing more than the messenger. 
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #1,012 of 41,132
And I thought considering a $200+ Asgard for my SR60's was rediculous! RWA and Senn 201's definitely take the cake for price disparity!

Another note: It's a shame we have to get to such high end solutions before we get features like remote volume control and remote power buttons. I wonder if a Diy solution could be made with an Arduino AVR board and a servo...

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,013 of 41,132
Apr 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,017 of 41,132
Evening everyone,  here is my current head fi station.  Sorry for the bad photo, not much of a photographer.  I have a iMac as source feeding the Isabellina HPA by USB and using a pair of Sen 201.

Have a great evening everyone

/thread

EPIC COMBO. :D

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #1,018 of 41,132
And I thought considering a $200+ Asgard for my SR60's was rediculous! RWA and Senn 201's definitely take the cake for price disparity!

Another note: It's a shame we have to get to such high end solutions before we get features like remote volume control and remote power buttons. I wonder if a Diy solution could be made with an Arduino AVR board and a servo...

Keep an eye on the LCDuino project.

Apr 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,020 of 41,132

Quote:
after seeing all your set ups i wanted to show you my poor mans set up. i don't have much no amps or dac's just my computer, 2 iPods, logitech speakers, a net book, a pair of Sony mdr nc7(which i don't like), pioneer sem390, and my shure srh750dj headphones. oh i almost forgot about my ibuds
biggrin.gif

it's been a few months since i posted in here. to elaborate i haven't gotten much new, though i replaced my shure srh750dj with a pair of shure srh840s. my ibuds broke, and i got an ipod docker.

i will post pics now.

that's my main gear, laptop, shure srh840, and pioneer se m390. oh and of course my logitech speakers.

my other important gear is my netbook, rockboxed ipod classic, ipod touch, and an ihome docker (probably crap but it sounds al right to me).

that's the greater picture of everything.

as you can see its a poor high school students set up but its ok for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back