Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #616 of 41,132
Lunatique, thats heaven on earth lol 
L3000.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #617 of 41,132
Yes, it is indeed heaven on earth for me, but if I can get a comfy couch in the studio as well, it would be even better. There something extra nice about lounging on a couch while playing video games or watching a movie. While I can go into the living room and lounge on our super comfy sofa and watch the big screen, it doesn't have the nice sound system I have in my studio. 

Quote:
Oooh PS3 as a source.

What audio format do you use for it?

The PS3 just happened to be on when I took that shot, and whatever music I have on it are just plain ol' MP3's. My main source is the computer and has been for years now, and I have all kinds of formats on it--from lossy to lossless. J River Media Center is my librarian/player of choice, since it has the best implementation of VST hosting I have ever seen, bar none.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #618 of 41,132

Quote:
Yes and no. I usually don't think about the D7000, unless I see information/discussions/photos of it online. With the custom EQ'ing I created for the D7000, it sounded damn good, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not using a hardware EQ unit which can apply the EQ setting even when I'm playing video games or watching a movie, I probably would've kept the D7000. But since I'm only using software EQ, I only get to enjoy the D7000 the way I deem to be ideal when I'm using the computer as the source. I've tried to use the D7000 while playing games on my consoles or while watching movies, but without my custom EQ setting, the D7000 gets fatiguing soon, so I couldn't justify keeping it since non of my other headphones have that problem.

The only time I think about the D7000 on my own is when I'm listening to a track that has head-bobbing bass, and I remember how the D7000 does satisfying punchy/heavy bass extremely well, even if it's colored and not neutral. It's one of those situations where you know something isn't "right" but it feels "good," like really fatty or sweet food. I mean, the LCD-2, 007mkII, and M50 all have authoritative bass that sounds like there's a subwoofer in the room, but the D7000 colors the bass in a way where that colored resonance just hits the spot and feels great--even if it colors everything that way. I suppose if I had money to burn and something like the D7000 is merely an insignificant drop in the bucket to me, I'd still have it, just so I can put it on every once a while and throw my middle-fingers up at everything that I believe in that is "right" and "accurate" and bob my head while grinning like the Cheshire Cat. (But definitely with my custom EQ setting activated, otherwise, D7000's tinny/squeezed/splashy treble and recessed mids will annoy me to no end.)

Yes I have, and I even included the HD650 and the M50 in the comparison review. It's right here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/519332

Great answer thanks Lunatique!

You still make it sound like a great phone to have and I admit I like my indulgent fatty foods once in a while.
I kind of have the d7000 down as the final piece to my collection without getting too involved with the whole 'upgrade flu' that's passing around. Although I fear I might already have fallen victim.
I listen to most of my electronic music through winamp and that has an eq, so hopefully if i need some lipo reducing tweeking  it will suffice.

You gave me the answer that I hoped to hear

Just a small matter of acquiring the denon's but hopefully that will be resolved soon!

L3000.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #619 of 41,132

Quote:

Just a small matter of acquiring the denon's but hopefully that will be resolved soon!

Make sure you ask me about my custom EQ setting when you get it. Once you have tried my setting, you wouldn't want to be without it, because it really takes the D7000 to the next level, where it retains its satisfyingly sinful bass, but the mids are filled out and the treble is no longer annoying.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #620 of 41,132

Vader is not pleased with the lack of rig. =p

Holy cow, I had those two cans at the same time too. XD

Definitely polar opposites, and pretty much had the entire spectrum covered. :)

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #622 of 41,132

Quote:
Make sure you ask me about my custom EQ setting when you get it. Once you have tried my setting, you wouldn't want to be without it, because it really takes the D7000 to the next level, where it retains its satisfyingly sinful bass, but the mids are filled out and the treble is no longer annoying.

Thats very good of you and I will hold you to that offer once I have reeled them in.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #625 of 41,132

Quote:

I for one would love to know your EQ settings.  
biggrin.gif
  My D7000 are starting to gather dust because of their abusive bass and treble.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #626 of 41,132
Feb 25, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #628 of 41,132
I'm just grateful you people put up with me.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #629 of 41,132
I listen to XM also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back