Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #541 of 41,119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
phone call + flailing dog with ear infection + concrete = still fully functioning iphone, now with more character. plus i find cases annoying.

Alright then, I think the case is worth the extra pocket space or whatever other annoyances it causes because iProducts are really fragile. One of my friends dropped his iPhone from 2 feet up onto tile and the screen smashed in half and stopped working. Also, I like your wallet, though it seems to be a bit too full 
biggrin.gif

I like your wallet too.  It contrasts nicely with the peanut butter.

+1 team scratched & dented ipod touch.  

i rarely take my iPods out of their cases because i hate scratches and dents. hence the reason my 3 year old iPod classic still looks rather new.

scratches and dents add character to my material things, as long as it doesnt affect perfornance. this rule does not apply to cars.

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #543 of 41,119
how do you like those XB700's?

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #545 of 41,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always liked the physical size and appearance of the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite.  Looks nice.

Yeah, the separate power supply makes it a petite performer.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #546 of 41,119
Is that what the wooden box is?
Then I must ask, did you build it yourself?

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #547 of 41,119
Feb 12, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #550 of 41,119
Here is my contribution

SH-650 @ Silver Dragon V2
MF X-PSU V3
MF X-DAC V3
MF X-CAN V3 @ Pink Floyd Moded,  6N23P-EB

Source:
Dvico TviX 6500

Cables:
X-PSU V3 Pinkie hook up cables
SUPRA  EFF-I interconnects
SUPRA LORAD 2.5 Main
SUPRA ZAC TOSLINK Optic

Do I need say it's sound so f--king great!!!!!
atsmile.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #552 of 41,119
The Valhalla looks like a million bucks, how do you like it with the HD650s?

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #553 of 41,119
Thanks! I'm still burning in the Valhalla to be honest, I just got it. Initial impressions: the tonality and timbre of the sound isn't too different from the E7/E9 by itself; perhaps a bit fuller in the low end (probably the tubes' doing), and a bit more defined in the treble. The mids are still rich and dark, true to the 650's character. 

The biggest improvement is in the imaging and separation. I'm listening to Alison Krauss' "Lonely Runs Both Ways," and her dark alto vocal is situated nicely in front of the acoustic guitar and mandolin (improved over the E9). Violin duets are imaged beautifully across the Left and Right ear, almost as if I was watching two violinists on opposite sides of the stage. I would say the Valhalla opened up the 650s more in terms of presentation and balance, less in terms of sound. 

Also, I swear that plant that my girlfriend got me improves the synergy in my chain ^_^ It's a nice addition to the desk.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #554 of 41,119

Quote:
I'll chime in!
[y'all probably can tell my gear just by looking, but it's in the sig.]

cool. how good is the sound quality on your toshiba laptop. like whats the sound card. i have a conexant and i think its garbage but i do love my toshiba laptop.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #555 of 41,119
The Toshiba laptop is solely used for file storage, really. I'm running USB out into the FiiO E7/E9 preamp. Thus, the E7 is serving as an external soundcard (DAC) capable of 16/48. It's a handy little device.

If I try to run 3.5 line-out of the Toshiba, it sounds pretty bad--it's a terrible signal. There's lots of electronic interference, and the termination is weak, too. I don't even know what soundcard I have, but it's not good enough for my ears! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back