Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #436 of 41,133
They are brand new and I have not had time to recable them as I have to finish other cables first :wink:. In time they will be recabled and fitted with a 4-pin XLR so I can use them balanced.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #437 of 41,133

Quote:
They are brand new and I have not had time to recable them as I have to finish other cables first :wink:. In time they will be recabled and fitted with a 4-pin XLR so I can use them balanced.

To what are those Jena cables going?

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #438 of 41,133
They are going to my DT990, and the wire is not Jena, but rather Neucleotide from Double Helix.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #439 of 41,133

Quote:
They are going to my DT990, and the wire is not Jena, but rather Neucleotide from Double Helix.

Well, they sure look a lot like Jena cables.  A Beyerdynamic fan, are we?

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #440 of 41,133
Yes, I own the T1/DT880/DT990. I love the beyer sound the most out of all my headphones.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #441 of 41,133
Quote:
Quote:

Well, they sure look a lot like Jena cables.  A Beyerdynamic fan, are we?

lol, if you only knew. 
rolleyes.gif

BTW Zombie_X thanks a lot for your comparisons on the Beyer models. You helped me out quite a bit when I was new and looking for a pair of headphones.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #442 of 41,133
i picked up this 1980's Sansui AU-D7 integrated amp last night for 50 bucks and the speakers for 16 bucks to add to my collection. very powerful amplifier with insane amounts of muscle behind the power amp section. i love Sansui amps and receivers. the Technics sound great too with lots of low-end but need a tweeter replacement which is easy since i have tons of extra speakers around my house.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00903.jpg

in the process of replacing the tweeter so my room is a mess currently and need to do a complete re-arrangment. can fix if want. i know this headphone section but i use all my headphones with all my power amps and vintage receivers.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #443 of 41,133
i picked up this 1980's Sansui AU-D7 integrated amp last night for 50 bucks and the speakers for 16 bucks to add to my collection. very powerful amplifier with insane amounts of muscle behind the power amp section. i love Sansui amps and receivers. the Technics sound great too with lots of low-end but need a tweeter replacement which is easy since i have tons of extra speakers around my house.

in the process of replacing the tweeter so my room is a mess currently and need to do a complete re-arrangment. can fix if want. i know this headphone section but i use all my headphones with all my power amps and vintage receivers.

That Sansui looks awesome. I love old Japanese integrateds.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #444 of 41,133
Thanks, guys.  That was a rather modest desk-side head-fi station that also doubles as my family room entertainment center (display and speakers not shown obviously).  My audio specific system is set up in the garage/ home gym (below), but I don't use headphones when I'm jamming out in here.

My. God.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #445 of 41,133

Quote:
Thanks, guys.  That was a rather modest desk-side head-fi station that also doubles as my family room entertainment center (display and speakers not shown obviously).  My audio specific system is set up in the garage/ home gym (below), but I don't use headphones when I'm jamming out in here.

My. God.

+1

What speakers are those?
Mega-props to whoever aligned the drivers, seriously.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #446 of 41,133

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was about to post mine but after seeing yours. no way.

kudos

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes beautiful setup BluFalcon.

Is that the Yamaha 600 power amp?  That was my 1st entre into 'High End' audio.  I paired that with an Adcom GTP-450 pre/tuner and Polk 10b speakers and my dorm room was ROCKIN'.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #447 of 41,133

thanks! yea i really like Sansui myself and other favorite are Kenwoods. never was much of a fan of pioneer and marantz. went for crazy prices and still every sansui gear i heard and own performs better. i'm going to post a better picture soon maybe tomorrow cause i'm going to polish up my amps and speakers. finished replacing tweeters in a pair of my technics. i don't own much but i love every single piece i get my hands on.
Quote:
Quote:

That Sansui looks awesome. I love old Japanese integrateds.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #448 of 41,133

Quote:
Quote:

+1

What speakers are those?
Mega-props to whoever aligned the drivers, seriously.

Those would be vintage 70s era Technics SB-7000A speakers.  My dad bought a pair and I grew up listening to these speakers in the late 70s on through the early 90s.  My dad replaced them with a pair of JBL studio monitors and passed the Technics on to me.  Sadly, he sold them off in a garage sale after I moved out of the house back in the early 90s.  I went hunting for these speakers when looking to build a decent garage set-up.  They sound just as amazing as I remember them.   

Quote:
Is that the Yamaha 600 power amp?  That was my 1st entre into 'High End' audio.  I paired that with an Adcom GTP-450 pre/tuner and Polk 10b speakers and my dorm room was ROCKIN'.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Ah... the venerable Yamaha MX-600 and MX-1000.  Mighty beasts those are.  Although the true grail of Yamaha amps is the MX-10000.  :wink: 

No, this isn't either one of those I'm afraid.  What you see pictured is the M-65, which is still more than plenty enough power for me.  The system has a nice wide soundstage, great seperation, deep powerful bass, non-harsh butter smooth highs and crystal clear mids.  My dad had a very similar set-up of Yamaha components, so "a trip down memory lane" was indeed a primary motivating factor when building this system. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back