Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 23, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #346 of 41,301

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yep a pretty nice selection that's for sure.  Think that would be my choice.  Only thing left is the new Stax release when it happens and a Blue Hawaiian. .......always more though huh?  A disease of more....
blink.gif

Stax Rig...The Final Frontier.
smile.gif

My wife would kill me though....

I got rid of mine.

Your wife or your rig? 
wink.gif

The wife,life has never been so good.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #347 of 41,301

Onkyo NDS1 and Burson 160 added. Looks like I'm set for a while.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #349 of 41,301
yea radioshack did make lot of great stuff. i have couple tape decks and receiver. wonderful. they also were re-branded stuff. lot of it came from fostex for their speakers and headphones. that's why the optimus super tweeters on their speakers were loved among many music lovers and had lot of isodynamic headphones too. i didn't know they made cd players. this is new to me. it must be rare to have a radioshack cd player. well hope you get your headphones working. they look really nice and probably sound nice as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif
 The blue pair of headphones is a Stanton Dynaphase Sixty from the early 1970's. It actually just arrived today, and I am going to fix it up, as it is certainly unique looking, and the sound quality will also be improved once I am done. The CD player is an Optimus (one of Radio Shack's now-discontinued house brands) CD-1760. It was quite possibly made by Pioneer, then re-branded as an Optimus.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #353 of 41,301
^
Like the yellow pads on the Grado's

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #355 of 41,301
Maybe some day in the future, would like to try on my stock pads that I have so I know I can cut it straight. Might need to go get a blade of some sort for the job because I don't think a steak knife will do the trick.

Quote:
Quote:
^

I think he needs to quarter mod them.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #356 of 41,301

Quote:
Maybe some day in the future, would like to try on my stock pads that I have so I know I can cut it straight. Might need to go get a blade of some sort for the job because I don't think a steak knife will do the trick.

Quote:
Quote:
^

evil_smiley.gif

You don't have to cut it perfect as you flip the pads around so the machine cut hole is the one that you see.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #357 of 41,301
Ohhhh ok, well now I've got to go pull these out of the closet and give it a try then 
tongue.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
^

evil_smiley.gif

You don't have to cut it perfect as you flip the pads around so the machine cut hole is the one that you see.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #360 of 41,301

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back