Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 9, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #25,381 of 41,119
0F157E3E-1F62-4338-BBC4-2EA53694C42F.jpeg

Id like to know what next. Headphones are HD660s

May 9, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #25,384 of 41,119
Next?
Sell that mess and get a simple amplifier (perhaps with an onboard dac).
Damn...just looking at that makes my head spin!

May 9, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #25,385 of 41,119
Question: the WM-PORT cable from your WM1a to the Sony TAZ... where did you get that cable? Does it have the little Walkman "nub" in addition to the USB Micro connector? I am looking for that cable - it's longer than what comes with the Sony PHA-3. Thanks, in advance!
It came with the amplifier. Is this the nub you are referring to? I think you can still get the WM-PORT to USB cable from Japan, but it is quite bulky and come out to USB A not micro USB.
IMG_20200509_191251_resize.jpg

May 9, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #25,386 of 41,119
Question: the WM-PORT cable from your WM1a to the Sony TAZ... where did you get that cable? Does it have the little Walkman "nub" in addition to the USB Micro connector? I am looking for that cable - it's longer than what comes with the Sony PHA-3. Thanks, in advance!

65EC3F5F-6A9A-48DE-A43B-B985BD77FE47.png

That’s the regular Walkman side connector for the TA. They are pricey from Sony. These work for many, and cost less. You can hook a mini-usb to connect to the side of the TA. The one extra plug is simply for stability I think? But I’ve used this cable to connect to the side of the TA, and also to the back with a regular USB cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WMC-NWH10-Conversion-Cable-Output/dp/B00FF086HE

07120CD5-0B1E-4D30-B666-0C14A6E097EE.png

There are these types too. They can come with two different USB plug sizes (if I remember right?), though I’ve never used them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-Mic...-For-walkman-genuine-from-JAPAN-/273787808067

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #25,388 of 41,119
I think the small WM-PORT connector is only for charging via a USB micro cable. I don't think that transfer data.

Ok. Thank-you.

May 9, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #25,389 of 41,119
You're kidding, right? ^^
I'd throw most of the dongles away and keep the setup as simple as possible.
Are these many connections neccessary and don't they interfere each other?

May 9, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #25,390 of 41,119
You're kidding, right? ^^
I'd throw most of the dongles away and keep the setup as simple as possible.
Are these many connections neccessary and don't they interfere each other?
Definitely, it’s all a joke. But nope, it works without any hiccups.

It’s just the galvanic and purifier that’s attached and obviously the cables needed to connect em.

Have you heard the Micro with the purifier and galvanic? It’s way different than just the BL solo.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #25,391 of 41,119
Next?
Sell that mess and get a simple amplifier (perhaps with an onboard dac).
Damn...just looking at that makes my head spin!

So what’s your suggestion? I wonder why forums bring out useless knee jerk reactions with no real help.

May 9, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #25,392 of 41,119
So what’s your suggestion? I wonder why forums bring out useless knee jerk reactions with no real help.
I apologise if my post was a little harsh. Truth be told a large part of me also thought you were joking...
But a friendly suggestion would be to scrap all those connections and just focus on a good amplifier. The more links you insert in your chain the more distortions you end up getting and you also end up with far more stuff that can go wrong. I know Chord and Ifi are continuing to woo their customers with add-on bricks and boxes with the promised bonus of conjuring up magic pixie dust and musicality...but I highly doubt any of them make a discernable difference in soundquality outside of placebo effecting the whack out of any buyer who just threw some money at the device:)

May 9, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #25,393 of 41,119
I apologise if my post was a little harsh. Truth be told a large part of me also thought you were joking...
But a friendly suggestion would be to scrap all those connections and just focus on a good amplifier. The more links you insert in your chain the more distortions you end up getting and you also end up with far more stuff that can go wrong. I know Chord and Ifi are continuing to woo their customers with add-on bricks and boxes with the promised bonus of conjuring up magic pixie dust and musicality...but I highly doubt any of them make a discernable difference in soundquality outside of placebo effecting the whack out of any buyer who just threw some money at the device:)

I think the general public would probably view most of us as very laughable. We can’t see ourselves for what we are. People reallocating kitchen chopping blocks as amp stands.....green ink pen markers on CDs. We are all happy lunatics! All of his connections have added sound quality so he started at one point and ended where he likes it. Every system is convoluted to a point I think.......but every piece is crucial!

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #25,394 of 41,119

Lol. I’m not joking.
Lurking on these forums actually makes my head spin as a total noob stepping into this game.

I tried out the attachments before buying them and it made my Micro BL sound way better.

Im looking into getting a proper set up in time but I’m still researching.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back