Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #21,211 of 41,129
  Gettin' DOWN to work tonight!!
Workin' away on this story for Positive Feedback - a sort of personal audio journey I've been wanting to tell for a while now,
bout a product that's been embraced by this community - this one's very special to me...

here's the lab as I got ready to listen and type away:

Really looking forward to reading it Mike!

You still have your NuForce monoblock around? I remember that seeing them in your LCD-2F product of the year write up was the reason I bought them back then (and the actual headphones too). 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #21,212 of 41,129
  Gettin' DOWN to work tonight!!
Workin' away on this story for Positive Feedback - a sort of personal audio journey I've been wanting to tell for a while now,
bout a product that's been embraced by this community - this one's very special to me...

here's the lab as I got ready to listen and type away:

How good is the production work on the new Radiohead album? I haven't jumped at the opportunity to buy a copy for myself yet.

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #21,215 of 41,129

iMac (off to the left) -> Metrum Musette -> Cavalli Liquid Carbon -> MDR-Z7

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #21,217 of 41,129
  Just got my new speakers a few days ago: Philharmonic Audio BMR Philharmonitors.

Ah, so Philharmonic is still in business eh? Is Salk still making cabinets for them? I contacted Sir Dennis Murphy a couple months ago, and he said that Salk may be leaving them, therefore he could not take any new orders at the time. Looks like they must still be, though! I've been really wanting to try a pair.

Jul 18, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #21,218 of 41,129
I believe they are still in business. I wasn't aware that Salk may be parting ways with them (mine are Salk cabinets), though I did order mine in March (cabinets were finished end of June due to delays on Jim's end).

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #21,220 of 41,129
old: https://flic.kr/p/daX9oa
The room was a bit small, so I moved stuff upstairs next to my bedroom.

audio setup hasn't changed, I'm very happy with it. I still have some work to do with the place though.

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #21,222 of 41,129
old: https://flic.kr/p/daX9oa
The room was a bit small, so I moved stuff upstairs next to my bedroom.

audio setup hasn't changed, I'm very happy with it. I still have some work to do with the place though.

Nice clean setup.

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #21,224 of 41,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back