Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 24, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #19,681 of 41,050
Careful with the Omega stands, my friend cracked the plastic part of his T90 headband since the width put constant stress on them. What's best is to get something like the Alpha Dog stands, they don't stretch the headband too much for too long. Or one that hangs your headphone and doesn't stretch em out.

Understandable if you have a set of cans known for their headbands snapping, the AIAIAI line comes to mind- but something like the LCD series with leather headbands this isn't going to be an issue.

I'm not into hanging stands, something about the potential for swinging headphones doesn't sit well for me. I've been interested in getting a stand for my office stack which I'm upgraded- I'll likely look into something more affordable than the authentic Omega stand.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #19,682 of 41,050
Understandable if you have a set of cans known for their headbands snapping, the AIAIAI line comes to mind- but something like the LCD series with leather headbands this isn't going to be an issue.

I'm not into hanging stands, something about the potential for swinging headphones doesn't sit well for me. I've been interested in getting a stand for my office stack which I'm upgraded- I'll likely look into something more affordable than the authentic Omega stand.

Luckily I don't live in an earthquake zone.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #19,683 of 41,050
I just bought some black yoga blocks - 12 bucks - to serve as monitor stands. Seems like the cheapest way to bring up your monitors a bit and provide some isolation. I'll take a pic when they come in!

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #19,684 of 41,050
  I just bought some black yoga blocks - 12 bucks - to serve as monitor stands. Seems like the cheapest way to bring up your monitors a bit and provide some isolation. I'll take a pic when they come in!

Let us know if it makes your monitors more flexible, LOL

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #19,685 of 41,050
Ha. Actually it seems I'm not the first to think of this - lots of examples online. Hopefully it will make them more flexible in that they will be less boomy!

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #19,686 of 41,050
41zvEreJlyL.jpg

Here's an option that doesn't stretch out the headband or put stress on it, good looking and cost effective ($22.50 @ Amazon).  Have two of them. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #19,687 of 41,050
  new upgrade

Lector Digicode 2.24 (+ parallel DACKit) --> Tektron TK300B-S-Ref --> DIY Speaker-Headphone Adapter --> HD800 or HE500

NICE - some sweet gear there!

OK - so, PLEASE pardon the messiness (OCD - but work has been MAD) but I wanted to share a picture of the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab in its current state  - I forgot to take pix of my VPI turntable/analog rig on the rack to the right - but I'll get those done and share them too. Here ya go fellas! This is where I work (live pretty-much) 6 days a week:

Last time I just shared my second headphone listening station in the front of the house, which has changed too - so here's a shot of that simple set-up:

I switch between this and these two -
and BTW - the new ALO International+ - that lil' amp is a MONSTER! I have the original, and this thing is a whole new ballgame - in terms of power, dynamics, clarity, it's really somethin'..

and the Burson Conductor Virtuoso is a big step-up from the original Conductor too...

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #19,688 of 41,050

OK - so, PLEASE pardon the messiness (OCD - but work has been MAD) but I wanted to share a picture of the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab in its current state  - I forgot to take pix of my VPI turntable/analog rig on the rack to the right - but I'll get those done and share them too. Here ya go fellas! This is where I work (live pretty-much) 6 days a week:

Last time I just shared my second headphone listening station in the front of the house, which has changed too - so here's a shot of that simple set-up:

and BTW - the new ALO International+ - that lil' amp is a MONSTER! I have the original, and this thing is a whole new ballgame - in terms of power, dynamics, clarity, it's really somethin'..

and the Burson Conductor Virtuoso is a big step-up from the original Conductor too...

Nice setup dad! I'm so intrigued with how the EL-8 sound like.

Sincerely,
Your asian stepson.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #19,689 of 41,050

Nice setup dad! I'm so intrigued with how the EL-8 sound like.

Sincerely,
Your asian stepson.

Love how you kept the joke alive. 
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #19,694 of 41,050

Users who are viewing this thread

Back