Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 21, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #19,666 of 41,115
Got my meridian 861 with Stax 006TS SR507 setup. Playing from jriver and meridian explorer from a SSD tiny fanless PC, remote with iPad.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #19,668 of 41,115
What are those wood Omega shaped headphone stands?

Based on his explanation It sounds like the one he has is a knock off of the original Sieveking Sound Omega. They are incredibly high quality from various kinds of woods and are not cheap.

The knock offs tend to wobble or split at the wooden seams.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #19,673 of 41,115
Based on his explanation It sounds like the one he has is a knock off of the original Sieveking Sound Omega. They are incredibly high quality from various kinds of woods and are not cheap.

Careful with the Omega stands, my friend cracked the plastic part of his T90 headband since the width put constant stress on them. What's best is to get something like the Alpha Dog stands, they don't stretch the headband too much for too long. Or one that hangs your headphone and doesn't stretch em out.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #19,674 of 41,115

Careful with the Omega stands, my friend cracked the plastic part of his T90 headband since the width put constant stress on them. What's best is to get something like the Alpha Dog stands, they don't stretch the headband too much for too long. Or one that hangs your headphone and doesn't stretch em out.

Master & Dynamic's headphone stand is a good example, albeit really overpriced -- it's little more than an angled metal bar welded onto a circular metal plate with a rubberized base. For about $70 I think. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #19,676 of 41,115
Regarding stands - I can also strongly recommend the Sennheiser HH10. They are very small and clip onto bookshelfs etc, very versatile, pleasing aesthetics (curved and padded), and it doesn't stretch the headphones at all. 

Also pretty cheap - usually around 20-25 US$

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=705

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #19,677 of 41,115

I've had those two Omega stands for a few months now, no issue thus far. Though the chamfer on them tend to not be even, the base itself is even and is quite stable, no wobble whatsoever. I'm actually quite happy wth them.

I have my HD800 and HD700 mounted on them and from what I can see, there's no unnecessary stretching of the headbands on both of them. There is very little force exerted by my HD800 on the sides f the Omega stand, there is a little more force exerted by the headband on the HD700 but from my observation, it's still quite mild, bear in mind that compared to the HD800, the HD700 does have a little more clamping force.

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #19,678 of 41,115
My set up for the past 3 days:

PC - Hugo - McIntosh C31V preamp - Emotiva Mini-X speaker taps - Balanced HD800.  

To the right of the monitor is a McIntosh 2505 amp with headphone output and a Logitech Transporter.  That was my main desktop headphone rig until I decided to see how the Emo & Hugo paired with the Mc preamp.  

For the money, it is fantastic.  Musical and powerful.  Now I'm jonesing to hear how a First Watt M2 would sound.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #19,680 of 41,115
Truth by Jeff Beck, great album! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back