Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 23, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #19,396 of 41,133
WOW really?  I mean I'm listening to headphones not speakers and while listening to my headphones I surf the web.  I made do with what I have.  

The pic above depicts "YOUR" listening room.  The pic I have depicts "MY" listening room.  Did I miss the memo that says your listening room has to be a certain way or something?

There's no need to get defensive. I thought I was asking a question that had a logical basis. Best of luck to you.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #19,398 of 41,133
Where's the logic.  You have to keep in mind.  Some people only have so much, and have to make do with what they have.  

Heh, you seem to make due with very exclusive gear. Clearly, you seem offended and that's the last thing I wanted. As for the logic, it was explained in a previous post. All the best to you.

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #19,400 of 41,133
  It's all good..

You OK prep? I don't think shaffer anything by it. 

Please add pics when your new toys arrive. Looking forward to seeing those. 

You interested in the new HE1000? 

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #19,405 of 41,133
Great setup!
Could you share a few words comparing the audio GD and pass labs integrated?
Both are appealing but obviously at different price points.

Yeah the price difference is not small.  However, the Audio-GD amp can hang with the Pass.  But - I do like the Pass better over all.  I also like Audio-GD speaker amps way better than their headphone amps.  There is a very noticable difference in sound and I prefer the Power amps.  After I heard the Master 3 with the HE-6, I went out and got the Master 10.  

If you only had Master 10 money I say go for it - it will not disappoint you. You will be very happy. 

As for a comparo.. I'll start with what I like the most about Master 10.....  The sexy ass mids.  Female vocals sound so good with this amp.  Now What I like about the Pass amp. Better bass - the Pass kicks like a mule.  The Master 10 has full bass just a little more bloom compared to the Pass.  The Pass amp has more air and the soundstage is more open. The Master 10 is more of an intimate amp, more on the warm side, less air, smaller stage.  The Master 10 has buttery smooth treble.  The Pass amp has really good extended treble and still smooth - so the Pass amp spits out more detail - but the Master 10 is detailed as well just as much so as the Pass.  Both are just effortless.  

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #19,407 of 41,133

Yeah the price difference is not small.  However, the Audio-GD amp can hang with the Pass.  But - I do like the Pass better over all.  I also like Audio-GD speaker amps way better than their headphone amps.  There is a very noticable difference in sound and I prefer the Power amps.  After I heard the Master 3 with the HE-6, I went out and got the Master 10.  

If you only had Master 10 money I say go for it - it will not disappoint you. You will be very happy. 

As for a comparo.. I'll start with what I like the most about Master 10.....  The sexy ass mids.  Female vocals sound so good with this amp.  Now What I like about the Pass amp. Better bass - the Pass kicks like a mule.  The Master 10 has full bass just a little more bloom compared to the Pass.  The Pass amp has more air and the soundstage is more open. The Master 10 is more of an intimate amp, more on the warm side, less air, smaller stage.  The Master 10 has buttery smooth treble.  The Pass amp has really good extended treble and still smooth - so the Pass amp spits out more detail - but the Master 10 is detailed as well just as much so as the Pass.  Both are just effortless.  

Why don't you stack all that equipment and put in you bedroom?  
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #19,408 of 41,133
Tonights listening session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back