Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #16,636 of 41,118
Since my last posting into this thread I bought MacMini as my digital source for music (also upgrade it already: changed stock 1TB HDD on 128GB SSD and stock 2x2GB RAM modules on 2x8GB RAM modules), now listening music mostly through JRiver controlling it via JRemote app on my Ipad, it's very comfortable way to control IMO, I like it very much... also MacMini is really a great digital source via USB for Debussy in terms of sound quality 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cable "hell" in the back of the rack 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #16,637 of 41,118
  My listening place at the pc is getting a different look :) Still got some cables to hide and some small stuff to do but starting to look nice anyway.

That lighting...

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #16,638 of 41,118
Oh my! What a stung setup! End game system if I ever saw one.
I'm thinking of going full SSD in my MacMini.  I'm finding that the same music sounds a little better out of my MacBook Air. HD noise?
Anyway, very, very nice.  I'm sure that it sounds as good as it looks.

Quote:
  Since my last posting into this thread I bought MacMini as my digital source for music (also upgrade it already: changed stock 1TB HDD on 128GB SSD and stock 2x2GB RAM modules on 2x8GB RAM modules), now listening music mostly through JRiver controlling it via JRemote app on my Ipad, it's very comfortable way to control IMO, I like it very much... also MacMini is really a great digital source via USB for Debussy in terms of sound quality 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #16,640 of 41,118

Dis be my modi/magni, koss prodj100 and a DIY headstand

Nice!! I find the DJ100 to be a fantastic buy for $50, I would try to change the pads though, as they're pretty uncomfortable, not sure what would fit though.. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #16,642 of 41,118

I have been drifting away from tubes for my speaker rig and have replaced my Antique Sound Labs monoblocks and MAD preamp (for sale btw) with the Musical Fidelity M3i and couldn't be more impressed. I use the wall mounted monitor for the ability to display album art and menus from Apple TV (occasional Netflix use) through the Bifrost Uber streaming the library on my Mac mini.

Of course there are my beloved HE-500 powered by my Lyr.

I plan on replacing the little dot cd transport and the Bifrost soon with the Oppo BDP-105.

I'm in love with my mighty Kef Q900 speakers. I'm on a pretty tight budget but have done a ton of research and listening and all my components punch well above their prices and the sound I'm getting is incredible.

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #16,643 of 41,118
Well, this is off-thread and off-piste, but I came across this while looking for HD800 prices in Germany. I was very tempted to steal one of the photos and post it as 'My Head-fi station in its current state'.
wink.gif

http://audio-creativ.de/museum_e.html

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #16,644 of 41,118

Very basic setup. Thinking about investing to one more quality cans (HD 650 or HE-400i, if I can justify the price difference) and a pair of speakers, and then I shall be done with this madness.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #16,645 of 41,118

Very basic setup. Thinking about investing to one more quality cans (HD 650 or HE-400i, if I can justify the price difference) and a pair of speakers, and then I shall be done with this madness.

that's what we all said 
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #16,646 of 41,118

Cables trouble underneath. Laptop > nfb 28 > phones. Tv hooked to hdmi while sound fed through the nfb. Very messy makeshift for now.

Sorry for picture quality.

Headphones pictured : HE500, LCD2, HD800, T1, Alpha Dog, TH600, HD650, FA-011

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #16,648 of 41,118

I have been drifting away from tubes for my speaker rig and have replaced my Antique Sound Labs monoblocks and MAD preamp (for sale btw) with the Musical Fidelity M3i and couldn't be more impressed. I use the wall mounted monitor for the ability to display album art and menus from Apple TV (occasional Netflix use) through the Bifrost Uber streaming the library on my Mac mini.

Of course there are my beloved HE-500 powered by my Lyr.

I plan on replacing the little dot cd transport and the Bifrost soon with the Oppo BDP-105.

I'm in love with my mighty Kef Q900 speakers. I'm on a pretty tight budget but have done a ton of research and listening and all my components punch well above their prices and the sound I'm getting is incredible.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #16,650 of 41,118
Got a stand from iFi for my iFi Stack, also the C5D with my iPod sat on top of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back