Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #13,891 of 41,213
Quote:
Fostex drivers in Amperior shell? 
tongue.gif

That's what I thought 
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #13,893 of 41,213
Not to take away from this thread, but I think Headphones need some more respect on reddit, so I made a subreddit for posting pics of your headphones, I want to grow it as a great community here just like here on headfi, so please go check it out, subscribe, and post your pics, if you dotn want to hurt headfi ( neither do i) you can submit links to your headfi picture on the forumns. So yeah, thanks and lets create something nice + looking for moderators.... www.reddit.com/r/shareyourheadphones

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #13,896 of 41,213
It's really the NAD SACD that seems to have tamed the DT990 as far as I can tell, that or I broke them in enough or a just got used to the sonic signature....probably a combination of all 3! It sounds REALLY nice now!  NAD components lean more to the darker side in general.

The Valhalla wants to see a 300 - 600 ohm impedance to sound it's best, these Beyers are 600 ohm and should have been a great match for the amp, but I was unhappy with the sound at first, new amp, newish headphones, etc...

Very happy now, played some stuff last night that I knew had a bright treble on it and it was great!

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #13,899 of 41,213
Quote:
I was about to get rid of them and now they sound fantastic in this particular setup,  I am keeping them! I think these headphones are tough to get a good system match with, but when you do it is something special.....

Sounds similar to the infamous AKG Love/Hate relationships.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #13,900 of 41,213
Ah, yes. The magical review and opinion with no direct experience.
NOT particularly useful.

Review...? Hardly. Also, you're asking for a review on a product that basically doesn't exist yet. You can't even pre-order the damn thing.

The best you can hope for are meet impressions which are 'grain of salt' tier in the first place.

There's not a single bit of info that's 'partiularly useful' about this amp. But you're welcome to take the 15k plunge when you can to let us all know.

I used the word GUESS for a reason. :rolleyes:

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #13,901 of 41,213
Quote:Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
McIntosh D100 with AKG K340 and Koss ESP950 (and the TakeT H2+ in the background).

What's the deal with this... haven't heard much about it yet.  Is Jude doing a review or something?
L3000.gif
(please say yes)

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #13,902 of 41,213

ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones.  Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much.  I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience.  Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL.  I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #13,903 of 41,213

ZDSE, GS-X mk2 with a bunch of headphones.  Sold all of my DAC's because I like the OPPO so much.  I am planning on building a Buffalo DAC now that I have the GS-X, just for the experience.  Also emotiva power amps and my other favorite accidental finds - the Sierra Acoustics Tower speakers with RAAL.  I've had about 5 sets of speakers in the 4 years but I'm pretty sure I'll have these for the next decade.

I am envious of your collection of amps.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #13,905 of 41,213
Quote:
I am envious of your collection of amps.

Thanks!  I def have all that I need and more.  I made a decision last year to get rid of everything but the absolute minimum.  I still have a AGD amp in a 2nd system and a MAD Ear+ HD in storage because I simply can't bare to sell it.  My plan was to keep the ZDSE from here on out but the GS-X mk2 came up and I had to try it.  I re-arranged my room back in Nov and never got around to hooking the ZDSE back up until 4 days ago.  I don't think keeping 2 TOTL amps is in my future so who knows what's going to happen.

I bought the XPA-2 power amp a couple of months ago but just found out that the new XPA-1L's (class-a, fully balanced) are out so now I want those instead...  So as much as I think I'm at the end of my audio buying line, things keep popping up...

But another plug for the Oppo 105.  A 7.1 channel DAC with 24/192 USB capability and HDMI/TOSLINK inputs and outputs and network streaming capability controllable from your iphone. SACD, HDCD, DVD audio, Bluray audio and seperate, dedicated 2-channel DAC - best deal on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back