Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #7,441 of 41,463
Quote:

I'm talking about the first image. Gengar always had a smile, but with a crunched brow, an evil smile, not a happy smile.

Fair enough, I didn't notice it in the upper portion of the picture. It does look a bit off with the closed eyes.

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #7,444 of 41,463
Quote:
So, minus the vibration issue, was the leap from the WL to the Voltikus worth it?  

For me it was worth it, but still quite subtle.  I sort of describe it like jumping from the LCD-2 rev 2 to the LCD-3 but with 25% less difference than this.  Being that its hard to quantify should tell you that the jump is not super significant between the WL and Volt.

Honestly I plan soon to get the Zodiac Silver (have not heard it yet) just so I can compare it over a lengthy period to the Gold / Volt and the Plus that I currently own.  I am very curious to hear any differences.  Regardless I am a big fan of Antelope. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7,445 of 41,463
Quote:

For me it was worth it, but still quite subtle.  I sort of describe it like jumping from the LCD-2 rev 2 to the LCD-3 but with 25% less difference than this.  Being that its hard to quantify should tell you that the jump is not super significant between the WL and Volt.

Understood.

Honestly I plan soon to get the Zodiac Silver (have not heard it yet) just so I can compare it over a lengthy period to the Gold / Volt and the Plus that I currently own.  I am very curious to hear any differences.  Regardless I am a big fan of Antelope. 

Cool.  PM me or post about it when you do.  Marcel from Antelope himself told me there's no difference between the Silver & Plus sonically, but it would still be good to get another opinion.

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #7,446 of 41,463
Quote:
Very nice.  I have the same V-DAC II and Trafo combination.  It's excellent.  I'd ditch that EZ81 rectifier for an EZ80.  Get an Ei or RFT and hear the difference!

Thanks for the advice, pretty much impossible to find tubes here in stores and I hate buying from Ebay, pretty soon I will need to get new 6S45p's tubes and that's probably the only place to get some ):

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #7,449 of 41,463
Quote:

Sleek is the word that comes to mind with your color-matched setup. My portable setup is an array of red, white, pink, brown, silver, and green when you add together the Clip+, CMoyBB, and whatever headphones I happen to be using.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #7,452 of 41,463
Quote:

I like those Denon headphone stands. The La Figaro has me curious; wanting a listen...congrats on the 1st pix!

Great that you like 'em. I bought them for the price mostly. Searched around like a nut and all the nicer headphone stands were like between 100-400 $. Went to my local hifi-dealer and got to buy their old expo models for 40$ a piece. Too bad I've never touched a Denon-product. But who knows...

The La Figaro sounds astounding the LCD-2's sound great with 6080WB (and the HD650's sound the best I've ever heard them). However, being fresh in the game I have only listened to cheaper gear. Waiting for some new tubes and a Burson HA-160D to evaluate the LCD-2's better. The beauty of audiophilia. It's easy to upgrade. Hard to downgrade....

Headfonia will post a review of the LA 339, think it'll be compared to the Crack, VA-200 etc...

BW,
V

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #7,453 of 41,463
Quote:
My first pic in here... Here we go!

Nice and clean setup there.

What model laptop is that Asus?  Looks cool!  Kind of steampunkish.  Is it a copperish color or is the pic fooling me?

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #7,454 of 41,463
Quote:

Nice and clean setup there.

What model laptop is that Asus?  Looks cool!  Kind of steampunkish.  Is it a copperish color or is the pic fooling me?

Thanks!

It's their Macbook Air-clone they call it Zenbook. 25% cheaper than the Macbook Air with exactly the same components. I like. Being a PC-guy and all.
It exists in three (read: two, one a very strong nailpolish-pink that's horrible). Pinkish silver ("Rose gold") and Dark Grey. Mine is the rose gold. Might seem girly at first but it grows on you. http://zenbook.asus.com/zenbook/?c=rose_pink

They seem to have released a premium Zenbook-model now "Prime" had no idea... Check 'em out!

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #7,455 of 41,463
Quote:
My first pic in here... Here we go!

Great looking rig! How would you compare the HD650's and the LCD-2's?  

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back