Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #4,547 of 41,104

Very nice. That's a pic of almost exactly what i wish to purchase, except I would shoot for the HE 5 instead. I'm curious, how are you liking the HiFiMan sound???
Quote:
Here's a quick picture of my setup

Denon dn-2500f > daveco LEM-5 > Hifiman EF-5 > Hifiman HE-4

or

Pc > creative xfi HD > EF-5 > HE-4 or senheiser pc350 (for gaming)

love the bose 802 series 2 on a ramsa amp

also got a wharfedale pro sub a15 hiding out of the picture

and a closer shot of the hifiman gear

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #4,548 of 41,104

Quote:
Very nice. That's a pic of almost exactly what i wish to purchase, except I would shoot for the HE 5 instead. I'm curious, how are you liking the HiFiMan sound???

I'm actually loving the hifiman sound I picked the HE-4 as it's known for having a slight "fun" eq curve and they came bundled with the EF-5 amp at a slightly reduced cost. (my wallet liked that!) They are also a lot more comfortable than expected the amp drives them very well and seem to warm them up nicely all in all I am a satisfied customer!
 although always curious on how the other HE series headphones sound. I suggest if you can audition them before you buy! :)

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4,549 of 41,104

Quote:
I'm actually loving the hifiman sound I picked the HE-4 as it's known for having a slight "fun" eq curve and they came bundled with the EF-5 amp at a slightly reduced cost. (my wallet liked that!) They are also a lot more comfortable than expected the amp drives them very well and seem to warm them up nicely all in all I am a satisfied customer!
 although always curious on how the other HE series headphones sound. I suggest if you can audition them before you buy! :)

Do you find that there's a difference in the RCA cables you use with your EF-5 or is it just the placebo effect?

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4,550 of 41,104

Quote:
New to the headphone scene, but here's my station. I need a stand, which I think I found this morning.  I wanted something different and I think I found it.  I'll post once I get it in use. 

Welcome to head-fi! Sorry for your wallet.

Looks like you have quite a setup from the looks of your sig.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4,554 of 41,104
I plan on a DAC upgrade down the line, but that will be incorporated into both set ups. I'm done with buying expensive stuff, but I'd like to own a few more pairs of cans. Maybe a Thunderpants.

EDIT: My speaker set up is starting strong though. My MMGs are on their way.

Quote:
It arrived! Congrats. Are you done with headphones and fully moved on to speakers now?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #4,555 of 41,104

Quote:
I'm done with buying expensive stuff

Most often quoted statement by a head-fi'er before upgrading.  How is the Liquid Fire treating you?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #4,556 of 41,104
Don't you guys worry. After the 10th we'll have him dreaming of stats.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #4,557 of 41,104
Love it. Ordered 2 days into my time with on in December. Alex hit a home run.

Quote:
Most often quoted statement by a head-fi'er before upgrading.  How is the Liquid Fire treating you?

Oh I'm already dreaming, but I do want to focus on upgrading my TT and speaker set up first.

Quote:
Don't you guys worry. After the 10th we'll have him dreaming of stats.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #4,558 of 41,104
Liquid Fire eh? I might have to hit Robert up and see if I can get one to borrow.

Not bashing, but when I previously heard one I didn't think it was all that impressive... I was underwhelmed by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back