Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #29,491 of 41,136
IMG_20210928_101959_edit_64280082013626.jpg

Recently there are lots of upstream gear added into the chain such as the Roon Nucleus and Ferrum Hyposos and OOR and also with a Lightspeed Power conditioner H1 in coming to replace a home standard poweroutlet. It will be placed at the bottom level of the rack. The Ferrum is really a headphone amp with great breakthrough. It suits my preference and philosophy that upstream gear should be neutral in signature and maintain TOTL detail and must contribute to the width and depth of the music.

What makes the Ferrum Hypsos and OOR really shine is the spaciousness and depth that you get from the music. The OOR does this by a very neutral presentation in the music, with all the instruments are presented equally in relative to each other. No instrument will pop up and be super eye catching. Nothing will cover up each other. At the same time, it will leave enough space between each instrument inside the stage. The bass is presented in a neutral manner and it contributes a lot to the depth of the stage. While it maintains how the bass actually sounds in the music and not adds any extra punch, you can actually see the bass coming from a distance in front of you, instead of trying to add slam to make the music fun.

With all the above characteristics, the vocals in the music became the star of the day. Since all the instrument and bass is carefully placed in the wide and deep stage, the vocals are able to get your full attention. Don't get me wrong, the OOR does not do it like tube amps by adding some tube magic to the mids. Vocals on the OOR are very liquid and transparent. It is floating in the middle of the stage and this is especially true with you listen to the 1266tc.

Those of you who are lucky enough to visit camjam must give the Ferrum OOR a visit. It can definitely unleash the full potential of your headphone even for the 1266 tc.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #29,492 of 41,136
An amazing combination: Audeze LCD-4 (200 ohm) & Woo WA2 OTL (Mullard EZ81, GEC CV2984, Brimar CV455 KB/FB Footscray):
29CCC437-C98F-4B70-B238-B1B8C964BF0B.jpeg

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #29,493 of 41,136
Just moved into my first house and as i'm single I have a lounge and spare bedroom to dedicate entirely towards my passion; that is music, all things HiFi and TV. Going to setup an ebay business soon to help me raise the money to get the setup I want.

IMG_0561.JPGIMG_0562.JPGIMG_0563.JPG
While you can, CRANK IT UP…

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #29,494 of 41,136
While you can, CRANK IT UP…
Exactly. At this stage, you probably don’t need to be faffing about with headphones. Yours is more of a Klipsch Cornwall use case…

😀

Sep 28, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #29,495 of 41,136
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #29,496 of 41,136
Exactly. At this stage, you probably don’t need to be faffing about with headphones. Yours is more of a Klipsch Cornwall use case…

😀
….and if you really save, it’s Klipsch La Scala time!….📢🎼🎵

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #29,497 of 41,136
Just get the K-Horns. No compromises!

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #29,498 of 41,136
20210929_165320.jpg

Here comes my new Kinki Studio Vision THR-1, will let it burn in a while and compare with my HPA4 and Conductor 3XR on Susvara and other cans.

Out of the box I am amazed by the power, warmth and smoothness, and at this price it is a steal for me already.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #29,499 of 41,136
Here comes my new Kinki Studio Vision THR-1, will let it burn in a while and compare with my HPA4 and Conductor 3XR on Susvara and other cans.

Out of the box I am amazed by the power, warmth and smoothness, and at this price it is a steal for me already.

@lumdicks congrats on great setup. As TT2 and HPA4 owner how would describe Conductor 3XR head amp section? I'm looking for a small headphone amp to one of my setups and I'm thinking about Soloist 3X. Please update us on THR-1 too. This amp looks very interesting indeed.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #29,500 of 41,136
@lumdicks congrats on great setup. As TT2 and HPA4 owner how would describe Conductor 3XR head amp section? I'm looking for a small headphone amp to one of my setups and I'm thinking about Soloist 3X. Please update us on THR-1 too. This amp looks very interesting indeed.
Both Conductor and Kinki are having similar power and sound signature. I mainly using my Conductor with HPA4 as line amplifier and the sound is a bit on warm side, with good smoothness and good dynamic. The Kinki is also a warm sounding one but more neutral compared to Conductor. What amazed me on Kinki is it sounds like tube amp rather than a SS one, and the soundstage is more holographic even before burn in.

I think you will be happy with either Soloist or Kinki. I shall share more later as I have just listened to my Kinki for 30 minutes and the impression is very much a preliminary one.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #29,501 of 41,136
Both Conductor and Kinki are having similar power and sound signature. I mainly using my Conductor with HPA4 as line amplifier and the sound is a bit on warm side, with good smoothness and good dynamic. The Kinki is also a warm sounding one but more neutral compared to Conductor. What amazed me on Kinki is it sounds like tube amp rather than a SS one, and the soundstage is more holographic even before burn in.

I think you will be happy with either Soloist or Kinki. I shall share more later as I have just listened to my Kinki for 30 minutes and the impression is very much a preliminary one.
@lumdicks thank you for your initial impressions. Looking forward for full review, 30 minutes is definitively not long enough to learn all about sound signature.

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #29,502 of 41,136
Just get the K-Horns. No compromises!
There is no substitute for a Phil Spector - like “wall of sound”…and as Paul W. Klipsch used to say: “what this country needs is a good five-watt amplifier”…

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #29,503 of 41,136
20210929_165320.jpg

I like the way how you arrange your equipments. They look awesome together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back