Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 31, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #29,086 of 41,120
The best part is the wear on the seat !
That's not wear. It's the visual indicator that the chair is fully broken-in and has achieved maximum comfy-ness. :smile:

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #29,087 of 41,120
The oft-sought after "end game" is much like a white whale. We are convinced it exists, but few if any of us have actually seen it.

Okay, </snark>. I recently acquired a pair of the MGs, and I really love them! They get more playing time than my other cans, with the exception of my Aeolus.

Agreed I am Ahab chasing his white whale.

Actually, I prefer to thing of myself of the genetically superiors lead by Kahn in his search for Kirk, lol..

)---- hahahaa

But yeah, the Focal Clear is awesome. Currently evaluating its performance with my RME ADI-2 Pro FS Black Edition with vs Ifi IDSD Pro.

My previous 'daily driver' headphone was the HifiMan HE560. Things getting quite a bit more interesting now with the Focal Clear MG in the comparo.

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #29,088 of 41,120
All of these amazing set ups are making me sooo jealous!! My minky FiiO m5 and grado sr60e’s or sterling s400’s get beaten by a landslide! (Getting a ifi zen dac real soon!)

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #29,089 of 41,120
IMG_20210801_071203.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #29,091 of 41,120
The best part is the wear on the seat !
I do love this seat. It has an "all natural posterior-driven rustic aspect" that I should patent for artisanal product marketing.

I was just looking closer at this pic for myself...

I notice most of the books belong to my wife. But mostly I notice - those cables in the back make my eye twitch - need to find a more graceful way to conceal them!

Also, there are a few good tubes on that shelf that I should take to the amp that uses them and use 'em ASAP.

Aug 1, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #29,092 of 41,120
That seat isn’t “broken in”, it’s “burnt in”.

Aug 1, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #29,094 of 41,120
But mostly I notice - those cables in the back make my eye twitch - need to find a more graceful way to conceal them!
LOL! Every time I spend a bunch of time carefully routing, organizing, and hiding my cables, it seems I buy a new component and have to undo it all. Perhaps clutter is a sign of progress in some cases? :smile:

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #29,095 of 41,120
R2R-->Tubes-->ZMF is always a fantastic formula. Measurement weasels are punching the air looking at that

Yeah, no truer words have ever been spoken.
R2R / Tubes / ZMF For The Win :)

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #29,096 of 41,120
Have I reached my 'end game"? Gosh I am getting close. I NEED to be close, lol for the sake of my wallet. I LOVE these Focal Clear MG Pro headphones. Even with limited listening, I believe they are among the very very best dynamic headphones I have ever heard.

But as for my end game? My ears are so very much addicted to the planar sound. It may take one more dive into the deep end of the planar pool to see what comes back up with me before I am satisfied I have my end game 'phones. If I had known what kind of rabbit hole I was going down when I entered the head-fi world? I may have reconsidered. For a few seconds anyway haha.

IMG_3797.jpg
That IDSD sure is a looker!

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #29,097 of 41,120
Lovely ZMF VC with Leopardwood - I am having hard time taking them off my head from every listening session! - ignore the Mojo, he is just chilling out with its lights..
sq0XsQC.jpg

The heavy weight LCD-X - When you need the extra kick!
Hq1baA0.jpg

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #29,098 of 41,120
Aug 2, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #29,099 of 41,120
That IDSD sure is a looker!

For a couple years, I had a Icon Audio MKII head-amp and used it with every DAC I owned during that time, for the original iFi iDSD Micro, the Wyred4Sound DAC-1 LE Femto (not gonna get into a war here, but, that was just NOT a good DAC. The cheaper iFi so much better), next was the RME DAC ADI-2 FS (akm 4490 chip addition, and it was and still is a KILLER DAC with a choice of native DSD path, which was just killed by the way in the latest RME DAC offering moving the ESS hardware due to AKM shortages from that horrendous fire), then to the iFi iDSD Pro.

the Icon amp broke (power supply fail I think) a month of two before warranty expires, so I wait 5 or 6 months and think I will just sell it when the brand new in box replacement gets here, because at the time I had fallen in complete love with the sound of the iDSD in balanced operation. WOW.

But like any man who loves to play with toys, I could not just let the box sit forever, and it began to dawn on me, I was never going to be able to resell this thing for anything close to the price I wanted. I mean hey, its literally brand new in box and you can have it for yourself and I will knock a couple hundred bucks off. I learned people would rather use that 200 dollars to get a brand new on of their own with an actual warranty in their name, so I decided to re-insert the Icon Audio amp into the system, use it for several hundred hours, and THEN sell it for the price folks shopping used will pay lol. (Yes I know there are consignment houses, and trade houses like TMR, but I have already spoken enough here lol)

So here is is... the iDSD Pro, my brand new Focal Clear MG Pro, and my latest less than 2 hours of use Icon Audio HP8 MKII amp ready to make delicious music

IMG_4058.jpg

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #29,100 of 41,120
Lovely ZMF VC with Leopardwood - I am having hard time taking them off my head from every listening session! - ignore the Mojo, he is just chilling out with its lights..
sq0XsQC.jpg

The heavy weight LCD-X - When you need the extra kick!
Hq1baA0.jpg

That's a good looking leopardwood.

And you're right about the heavy weight!! In literal term 😅🤣 At over 600g, I don't see how people can wear these for an extended use. I tried and I just couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back